MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Lately I've been exploring 'net radio on my A/V receiver, so many stations all over the world. I tossed the antennas AM/FM. Couldn't get a clean signal anyway. Anybody out there in Audioholics Land listening to net radio?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I sometimes do shoutcast of IheartFM custom radio - which is kinda bad version of pandora, but without audio ads - sorry, can't stand them. Only listed to FM in car since I'm too cheap to pay $15/m for sat radio - it's not nearly worth it. not even for $5/m. I could easily do BT from phone to car stereo.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I listen to a local FM talk station all the time at work and when I am at home I listen to the internet stream because it is better than the radio reception. Other than that I listen to Apple music or podcasts. Music on the radio? Why listen to that when I can literally get just about anything I want by asking Siri?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Lately I've been exploring 'net radio on my A/V receiver, so many stations all over the world. I tossed the antennas AM/FM. Couldn't get a clean signal anyway. Anybody out there in Audioholics Land listening to net radio?
I like somafm.com

It's an independent setup out of San Francisco, completely supported by listener donations and commercial free. They have probably 25 streams of various styles.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
All the time! I have a dedicated internet radio which is much better than the one build into my pre. It has a phone app which I can select genre then choose a country and viola, a list a stations is pulled up. Some are actual radio stations and others are pure internet stations.

I truly enjoy the wide variety of music that's available, especially as a jazz listener, which the mainstream internet stations just don't play.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
All the time! I have a dedicated internet radio which is much better than the one build into my pre. It has a phone app which I can select genre then choose a country and viola, a list a stations is pulled up. Some are actual radio stations and others are pure internet stations.

I truly enjoy the wide variety of music that's available, especially as a jazz listener, which the mainstream internet stations just don't play.
What?!? radio stations don't play jazz anymore? Yeah, hard to find anything outside of classic rock, country, over-produced bland pop, or hip-hop.

Since I have Amazon Prime, I have been putting songs onto my phone that I can BT to the car. Allows me access to songs the genetic offspring like but I am too cheap to pay for. My local favorite station also broadcasts over the net. So I will stream them sometimes when I am out ona job site and don't have a radio handy.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I still listen to a few local FM stations. Also, BT Pandora from my desk top that sounds pretty good. Still listen to my cds a lot. Pretty much listen to Pink Floyd's The Wall and/or Dark Side of the Moon every single day. BTW, the Marantz remote app on my android table is total crap. Sure is NOT much help. Anyone here having any luck with the Marantz remote app?

Cheers,

Phil

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
As far as actual FM stations, my first choice is the local college station, then NPR. I actually hear some Jazz on either of those from time to time.

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
We sometimes play internet radio from zone 2 when we are out at the pool. Every since I started using Spotify though I use it indoors, with my headphones, outdoors and in my car.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
^^

I do and every Sat evening (whenever possible), I dial over at wncw.org for the best Blues program ever, IMO, which is Saturday House Party :cool:

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I listen to NPR, and being in the Boston market WBUR and WGBH are both on the radio dial. They produce a lot of the content disbursed to other NPR stations nationwide, such as The World, On Point, Here & Now, All Things Considered, Only A Game, and until recently, Car Talk.

That's in the car, I get ZERO radio signal in my house so it's internet radio/website streaming at home.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis