Polk TSx330T vs Infinity Primus P363

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder how the Pioneers would sound with my Yamaha rated at 80w per channel? Being that they are less sensitive than the others, how much difference in sound quality would I notice?
In their "permanent" home they run on my 95W Marantz PM7200 integrated. They can easily fill the whole room by themselves (2ch system).

Houston1906

Houston1906

Audioholic Intern
Well, finally pulled the trigger on the Polk TSx330T.

Got a really good deal (that I could not pass up) on the floor model/open box. The speakers are in great condition, minus a crack to one of the feet, but that's about it. No cabinet issues that would effect sound quality. I would have liked the see how the Infinity compared for my own ear, but no one has them around.

Anyway, I took them home and hooked them up. They sound very good with my setup and sound MUCH better than they did at the store. These are a definite improvement over my old speakers. I still have some minor system tweaking to do, but all is well so far. Now I need to look into upgrading my center channel.

I greatly appreciate all the insight on this forum.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

Got a really good deal (that I could not pass up) on the floor model/open box. The speakers are in great condition, minus a crack to one of the feet, but that's about it. No cabinet issues that would effect sound quality. I would have liked the see how the Infinity compared for my own ear, but no one has them around.

Anyway, I took them home and hooked them up. They sound very good with my setup and sound MUCH better than they did at the store. These are a definite improvement over my old speakers. I still have some minor system tweaking to do, but all is well so far. Now I need to look into upgrading my center channel.

Congratulations on YOUR choice. Sometimes, it can be a tough call. But, in the end what really matters most is what YOUR ears prefer. As far as a center goes, I would go with this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-CS2-Series-II-Center-Channel-Speaker-Black-Single-/381472348766?hash=item58d1861a5e:g:SqcAAOxy0QBSTwfa

Not sure what color YOUR TSx330T's are. Keep in mind, that the CS2 center is a bit on the large side. Should pose no real problems, unless space is an issue!

Cheers,

Phil

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja

Great! Glad you're happy. They're entirely decent speakers, and certainly look a lot better than the Pioneers ;)

Houston1906

Houston1906

Audioholic Intern
Congratulations on YOUR choice. Sometimes, it can be a tough call. But, in the end what really matters most is what YOUR ears prefer. As far as a center goes, I would go with this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-CS2-Series-II-Center-Channel-Speaker-Black-Single-/381472348766?hash=item58d1861a5e:g:SqcAAOxy0QBSTwfa

Not sure what color YOUR TSx330T's are. Keep in mind, that the CS2 center is a bit on the large side. Should pose no real problems, unless space is an issue!

Cheers,

Phil
My speakers are black and my current Yamaha center is quite large, so I think I have the space.

The CS2 looks like a great choice. Would it be better than the matching TSx150c or are they similarly voiced?

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-TSx-150C-Channel/dp/B00CHHCAQQ

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
My speakers are black and my current Yamaha center is quite large, so I think I have the space.

The CS2 looks like a great choice. Would it be better than the matching TSx150c or are they similarly voiced?

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-TSx-150C-Channel/dp/B00CHHCAQQ
Personally, I would opt for the CS2 in black oak. But, if YOU want a series match, then perhaps get the TSx150c. However, it is also more expensive. The CS2 and/or TSx150c is essentially the same speaker. BTW, my Polk RTi8's will be here today. Good luck with YOUR decision. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Houston1906

Houston1906

Audioholic Intern
Personally, I would opt for the CS2 in black oak. But, if YOU want a series match, then perhaps get the TSx150c. However, it is also more expensive. The CS2 and/or TSx150c is essentially the same speaker. BTW, my Polk RTi8's will be here today. Good luck with YOUR decision. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
Series match doesn't really matter much to me, as long as they are timbre matched. I will look into the CS2. Looks like there are some good deals to be had on it. They do appear to be identical now that you mentioned it.

I know you are looking forward to the RTi8's. Was looking at those too, just decided to jump on a deal.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I've heard there might be some minor differences in sound, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they're identical. You probably won't hear a difference, but personally I wouldn't risk it.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Series match doesn't really matter much to me, as long as they are timbre matched. I will look into the CS2. Looks like there are some good deals to be had on it. They do appear to be identical now that you mentioned it.

I know you are looking forward to the RTi8's. Was looking at those too, just decided to jump on a deal.
The CS2 will be fully timbre matched to YOUR TSx330T towers. Any difference(s) is purely cosmetic. Personally, I would save the money and get the CS2. But, like I said before it is really more about what YOU prefer. Either way, YOU will be fine.

Cheers,

Phil

J

JRT3

Junior Audioholic
A little late to the dance, but congrats to Houston 1906 on being happy with his deal!

For anyone else who is on the fence, I like the Infinity P363's... I must, as I have eight of them! All came perfect from Amazon ($99-$115 shipped when bought - but I'd certainly pay more - they are quite decent.). Two are in my wife's music room/office as her stereo speakers while the rest are F L&R mains and R L&R. They test ~6 Ohms, so I series connected the two center channel speakers in my HT, one on each side of my 55" monitor, with a bookcase and then the L&R fronts. The purists will shudder, but it sounds good to me. Therein lies the rub... if your new speakers sound better to you, you've done well. Consider another tower as a very similarly voiced center speaker! I did make the wife happy when the second cc tower arrived - I replaced my 'ugly' Polk PSW-505 sub with it, following her decor suggestion "... and now it looks symmetrical!". With eight 6.5" LF drivers across the front - and four more in the rear - I no longer needed the sub, anyway (She said so...).

I prefer listening to my music in my office as it's easier to play CD's at my desk.

Houston1906

Houston1906

Audioholic Intern
A little late to the dance, but congrats to Houston 1906 on being happy with his deal!

For anyone else who is on the fence, I like the Infinity P363's... I must, as I have eight of them! All came perfect from Amazon ($99-$115 shipped when bought - but I'd certainly pay more - they are quite decent.). Two are in my wife's music room/office as her stereo speakers while the rest are F L&R mains and R L&R. They test ~6 Ohms, so I series connected the two center channel speakers in my HT, one on each side of my 55" monitor, with a bookcase and then the L&R fronts. The purists will shudder, but it sounds good to me. Therein lies the rub... if your new speakers sound better to you, you've done well. Consider another tower as a very similarly voiced center speaker! I did make the wife happy when the second cc tower arrived - I replaced my 'ugly' Polk PSW-505 sub with it, following her decor suggestion "... and now it looks symmetrical!". With eight 6.5" LF drivers across the front - and four more in the rear - I no longer needed the sub, anyway (She said so...).

I prefer listening to my music in my office as it's easier to play CD's at my desk.
Thanks JRT3! Sounds like you have a pretty nice setup there!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks JRT3! Sounds like you have a pretty nice setup there!
So Houston what have YOU decided? Just curious is all. I know how hard it is sometimes to make a decision. Nothing wrong with making a well informed decision!

Cheers,

Phil

Houston1906

Houston1906

Audioholic Intern
So Houston what have YOU decided? Just curious is all. I know how hard it is sometimes to make a decision. Nothing wrong with making a well informed decision!

Cheers,

Phil
Currently looking at the CS2 II. I like the 6 1/2 drivers over the 5 1/4 drivers in the TSx150C. Based on what I have read, the larger drivers yield a bit better sound quality. The CS2 is also about $70-80 less expensive.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Currently looking at the CS2 II. I like the 6 1/2 drivers over the 5 1/4 drivers in the TSx150C. Based on what I have read, the larger drivers yield a bit better sound quality. The CS2 is also about $70-80 less expensive.
Yeah, the CS2 is a good choice. It is also very BIG. It has been a good while since I have seen the CS2. But, do remember it being very BIG. Like I said before, my CSi5 is freaking HUGE! It just barely fit my tv stand. Just curious as to what YOU decided. Keep us posted.

Cheers,

Phil

B

Ben Larkins

Audiophyte
Really glad I came across this thread. I've been searching for the past 2 months in a similar dilemma (pioneer fs52 vs infinity p363 vs polk monitor 60's). All 3 at their low points are $200/pair. Most threads on these brands are 5 years old so nice to read something more recent. Really difficult when you can only listen to 1. Kudos to the OP for getting a solution. I assume the 363's get such high praise because of the very detailed center that it matches (pc351?)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis