Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Adam and Doug always said, Durango was lovely that time of year.
Haha, The crazy thing is that wreck was in 2006 and it was my left femur but I guess me not even remembering which side it was means it hasn't given me issues in years.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Even better! It wasn't just a muscle spasm, the displacement shifted and is now up to about 3/4"! I added another sole to my shoe and still think it needs a bit more...

OW!!!!!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Even better! It wasn't just a muscle spasm, the displacement shifted and is now up to about 3/4"! I added another sole to my shoe and still think it needs a bit more...

OW!!!!!
That sucks man. I know I walked funny for a couple of years and had pain on and off for 4 years or so. I am happy to get out of it as good as I did. Hopefully with time, you will end up as good as new.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

OW!!!!!
That makes me question my desire to go for one last cross country ride. SWMBO will be happy to hear that I am chickening out.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Sh*t happens! All I can do is get up every day and be happy, and talk about speakers on the internet.

Since you couldn't be specific, Alex, I have to ask the blunt question, what are you riding?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Sh*t happens! All I can do is get up every day and be happy, and talk about speakers on the internet.

Since you couldn't be specific, Alex, I have to ask the blunt question, what are you riding?
I'm not riding. My last couple of bikes were FJ1200s but that was ~Y2K. My hope was to maybe get a FJR1300 over a 4 year period and go for one more epic ride at the age of 55 and then hang it back up but then you reminded me why I quit riding to begin with. I'm no longer willing to run that risk.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I'm not riding. My last couple of bikes were FJ1200s but that was ~Y2K. My hope was to maybe get a FJR1300 over a 4 year period and go for one more epic ride at the age of 55 and then hang it back up but then you reminded me why I quit riding to begin with. I'm no longer willing to run that risk.
I might still get a couple 50cc or 80cc bikes to screw around in the back yard, or a go kart. But driver's are too distracted now a days, I'll stick to closed course only!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
But driver's are too distracted now a days,
True that!
I've been hit more times in the last decade than the previous 3 decades put together, and thinking it is closer to twice as many in the last decade!
Thankfully, I only got hit once on the motorcycle and I managed to keep the bike up.
Always planned to get another bike but that seems a high risk in light of how much texting and driving mayhem goes on.
Perhaps if I move back to the Appalachians; people don't text on skinny roads on the edge of a mountain.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Perhaps if I move back to the Appalachians; people don't text on skinny roads on the edge of a mountain.
That's because the cell coverage in them hills is poor, or… …

The prevalence of texting while driving has created a distinct survival advantage for the illiterate. Darwin is alive & well.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
That's because the cell coverage in them hills is poor, or… …

The prevalence of texting while driving has created a distinct survival advantage for the illiterate. Darwin is alive & well.

Save for those that don't know how to use their low gears, and burn their brakes up. Nothing worse than it being a beautiful day to ride and you get to the top of the hill only to breathe brake dust the whole way down!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Perhaps if I move back to the Appalachians ...
Really ?!? I knew I sensed an air of banjos around you. Seriously, I don't recall knowing that. Speaking of which, The Outsiders is a the new Hill Billy TV. Pretty good, too.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Really ?!? I knew I sensed an air of banjos around you. Seriously, I don't recall knowing that. Speaking of which, The Outsiders is a the new Hill Billy TV. Pretty good, too.
Cool, I'll have to check it out!
Beautiful country up there and after a little while the people who weren't from around there started smelling real purty!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You see my location being past Hurt? That's Hurt, Virginia. Go ahead, look it up. The roads getting there from I-81 look like this:

The fofo tears that sh!t UP !!! (sarcasm) ...

I've been on a lot of road trips but this is the only time I ever stopped to take pictures of the road. I got lucky and found a spot to pull over close to that 3-D hairpin turn in the first pic.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Being technologically challenged finally pays off! But the truth is that even on my flip phone, I probably have read a text on the road. Mea culpa? Is that what they say?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis