Status
Not open for further replies.
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
We Review It, You Win It!
Win an Oppo BDP-103D Blu-ray Player.

Start you holiday season off right! We are giving away our review sample of the Oppo BDP-103D Blu-ray Player with Darbee Visual Presence enhancement. Be the first Audioholic to own this advanced Blu-ray player by liking our Facebook page and entering your name and email address. USA residence only, not including Hawaii or US Virgin Islands.

Simply like our facebook page and provide a valid email address by Dec 11, 2013 to be eligible to win.

Enter the Contest

Last edited by a moderator:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Just curious, what does liking your Facebook page do for you?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Aren't there contest apps that allow you to submit entries or whatever without making your information public? I've liked audioholics on fb for quite some time now, but I'd rather not post my email address in the comments and get even more spam.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Aren't there contest apps that allow you to submit entries or whatever without making your information public? I've liked audioholics on fb for quite some time now, but I'd rather not post my email address in the comments and get even more spam.
I really don't know how to do this. Personally I hate facebook but the vendors go nuts over it. If anyone has a better solution, I'm all ears.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got this info online:

You can organize a contest through a blog and use Facebook as a way to promote your contest, and you're not breaking the rule by asking them to "like" your page first then submit entries Another way to do it via Facebook is
1) Install a fan-gate page. That way people need to like your page first before participating
2) After users have liked your page, they can see the content which is an email submission form :)
Hope this helps.

808htfan

Junior Audioholic
...USA residence only, not including Hawaii or US Virgin Islands.

Simply like our facebook page and provide a valid email address by Dec 11, 2013 to be eligible to win.

Enter the Contest
If I live in Hawaii but can provide a shipping address in the contiguous 48 (of a friend willing to ship it to me), can I enter?

Thanks! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Irishman

Audioholic
How about having an option for submissions to go to an email address set up by your team? This would allow those of us (like me) who don't approve of Facebook's privacy policies to have a chance to win?

That way, the vendors can still have their free publicity, and the contests can be more inclusive of your readers and podcast listeners.

Just a thought.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yikes, I totally missed this thread until this morning.

Suggestion to Gene: How about having people like your FB page and post a valid Audioholics forum name to win? In order to have a forum account, you need to have a valid e-mail address, correct? That way, people won't have to post their e-mail address in a FB comment (which really is just begging to get spammed), and you potentially increase your forum participation. Of course, people who have already entered using an e-mail address would still be eligible.

Now, if the rules don't change, here's my suggestion to folks here: create a contest-only e-mail address. I'll bet that most folks get multiple e-mail addresses as part of whatever internet service they pay for, and you can make one solely for contests (or free giveaways) like this. Pretty much never check it unless it's the day of the announcement, so spam doesn't impact you. Plus, what a great way to stalk other Audioholics who used their real address. :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Yikes, I totally missed this thread until this morning.

Suggestion to Gene: How about having people like your FB page and post a valid Audioholics forum name to win? In order to have a forum account, you need to have a valid e-mail address, correct? That way, people won't have to post their e-mail address in a FB comment (which really is just begging to get spammed), and you potentially increase your forum participation. Of course, people who have already entered using an e-mail address would still be eligible.

Now, if the rules don't change, here's my suggestion to folks here: create a contest-only e-mail address. I'll bet that most folks get multiple e-mail addresses as part of whatever internet service they pay for, and you can make one solely for contests (or free giveaways) like this. Pretty much never check it unless it's the day of the announcement, so spam doesn't impact you. Plus, what a great way to stalk other Audioholics who used their real address. :D
Future FB contests won't be run like this again. I am looking into getting an App to manage this. FB is a real pain in the ***. Thanks for the suggestions.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
When are you announcing the winner?
When the winner claims their prize. Believe it or not we often have to go through 2-3 candidates until someone replies. We give the winner 48hrs to respond or move on to the next.

A

asere

Audioholic
When the winner claims their prize. Believe it or not we often have to go through 2-3 candidates until someone replies. We give the winner 48hrs to respond or move on to the next.
I have not been notified. I guess I did not win :(
Whoever won congrats. It is a fine dvd player from what I hear.

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
Well 48 hours are up

Well, it has been more than 48 hours since the contest close... so at least one person spam filter kept them from winning the Oppo.

connieflyer

connieflyer

Audioholic
Well in that case just ship it to me, I liked you and will monitor my email like a hawk.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis