Dark City On Blu-ray

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'm surprise there is no thread on this movie. My first time seeing it and what an amazing visual treat.:eek: The colors and background blacks are amazing and maybe the best I've seen so far on BD. The concept was good too. Never felt a heavy lid watching this movie. Maybe because of Jennifer.:D Always had a crush on her since my teens. I'm happy with the picture on my Vizio 37' and how well it's calibrated now. Very little surrounds and a bit of BASS here and there. Treat yourself and buy It, It's less than $9 on amazon right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
jinjuku

jinjuku

One of my all time favorite movies. Watch this then The Matrix. You will see the influence Dark City had on that trilogy.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
One of my all time favorite movies. Watch this then The Matrix. You will see the influence Dark City had on that trilogy.
Funny thing you mentioned The Matrix I was thinking that myself when I was watching a particular scene in the movie. It would be nice to see a well done remake. This was a book right?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I have this on DVD and have always liked it from day one. Since then I've seen traces of it in the Matrix trilogy, Inception and The Adjustment Bureau and who knows where else it's influcnece had popped up.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I have this on DVD and have always liked it from day one. Since then I've seen traces of it in the Matrix trilogy, Inception and The Adjustment Bureau and who knows where else it's influence had popped up.
Yeah I can clearly see that now that you mention that, Mark. I bet alot more too since.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have this on DVD and have always liked it from day one. Since then I've seen traces of it in the Matrix trilogy, Inception and The Adjustment Bureau and who knows where else it's influcnece had popped up.
All four are often associated with the works of Phillip K Di*k , which have influenced many sic-fi movies since the early 80's and continue to influence Sci-Fi. Dark City is one of my favorite of those sort of movies with it's strange view of "the city" and the different levels of reality. You can also see hints of the 1920's German Expressionist films like the Cabinet of Dr Caligari.

IMDb: A Look at Films Based or Influenced on Philip K. Di*k Books - a list by correnbalde

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks nice info. Skizz I gotta check out some of those movies. I've seen most of them though, so 10 more to go. He died fairly young too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis