GoldenEer SuperCenter X: Quick Review

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Finally....(Typo should Be the SuperCenter XL not X)

GoldenEar has Decided to release a center channel to better match match its Triton and Aon Series Speakers.

I will be selling my SuperStat center as I just picked up their SuperCenter XL speaker for my bedroom.

Pro's
-------
1. Same great signature High Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) tweeters: Excellent Dialogue reproduction
2. Sold Bass extension on the low end as well, a significant improvement over the SuperStat they replaced
3. While big and boxy, you will not get a hernia moving it around :)
4. Price Point $799.99 List $645.00 paid, this is a heck of a lot of speaker for the money

Con's
-------
1. I really wish they would find a way to redesign the speaker to make it more attractive
2. I think I went overboard with my bedroom as this SuperCenter XL is not a small speaker

I know this is very brief and too the point, but my bottom line impression so far is that it really does an incredible job as a center with movies and TV and more importantly compliments my Triton 7 fronts very well when playing multi-channel audio. For just a tad over 3k I don't think I could find a much better 7.1 channel setup.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Cos, how big is your bedroom
Aprox 16x19 weird shape with cathedral ceilings.

i bought big because I am moving to a new house in six months and it will transition to the family room. HT will be my basement which is getting the tear down treatment as we speak.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I don't have room for the XL in my current setup, but this is still good news!

I have the 50C and it fits perfectly in the small available space that I have for it (Triton 2 for L/R). I really think the 50C is the weakness in my setup, so it's good to know I have options when the space becomes available.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I don't have room for the XL in my current setup, but this is still good news!

I have the 50C and it fits perfectly in the small available space that I have for it (Triton 2 for L/R). I really think the 50C is the weakness in my setup, so it's good to know I have options when the space becomes available.
You can always pick up it's little brother the X vs XL

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Aprox 16x19 weird shape with cathedral ceilings.

i bought big because I am moving to a new house in six months and it will transition to the family room. HT will be my basement which is getting the tear down treatment as we speak.

Thanks. I was wondering if the 60c is that much of an improvement over the 50c , but the XL seems to have the guts to improve upon the center channel performance. It looks like Sandys old Definitive products the CS8080 and CS8060.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis