OPPO Digital Shows Off New Headphones and Headphone Amplifier

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Interesting. But yes, price I am sure will not be like the good old days of Oppo :) I have a friend who works there and he hinted that there would be some new things coming from them.

S

swspiers

Audioholic
Personally, I'm pretty excited. I have two planar/magnetic cans: the Hifiman HE-5LE and the new Alpha Dog closed-back headphones from Mr. Speakers. I love the technology involved, love the sound, and if Oppo is releasing a pair, they could be something special.

S

swspiers

Audioholic
Zombie thread resurrection time. Oppo is getting a lot of heat on the Head-fi forum as they near the release date for the PM-1. They also announced the PM-2 as a less expensive option, very similar to the BDP-105/103.
Is there any interest here in Home Theater land for the Oppo headphones?

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
$1100 as the MSRP for the PM-1: OPPO Digital $699 for the PM-2, OPPO Digital Future Products

No prices yet on the headphone amp. They'll be up against some real competition at those prices.
Yes. Especially because Oppo does not do sale prices on new items, so those are the street prices to compare with other headphones. They will have to be pretty amazing to be even a decent deal.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis