Help a friend choose a new TV

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I've got a buddy that's looking to get a TV. I stopped looking after I got mine a little while ago so I'm a bit out of the loop. He's not looking for the best. He's got an old Sharp Aqous 46" that he still loves so he wants something that looks good but probably doesn't have the discriminating eye to need to spend big bucks getting the best picture quality.

He's looking at this TV:

Samsung 55" Class 5458" Diag. LED 1080p 120Hz 3D HDTV UN55FH6030FXZA - Best Buy

Seems decent enough. What do you guys think? Should he go with this one or are there better options out there?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
For $850 I think it's a good deal. If he's gone into BB and seen it and likes how it looks I say go for it.

Unless he wants to spend $100 more and get the 50" version of what BSA linked.

I've got a buddy that's looking to get a TV. I stopped looking after I got mine a little while ago so I'm a bit out of the loop. He's not looking for the best. He's got an old Sharp Aqous 46" that he still loves so he wants something that looks good but probably doesn't have the discriminating eye to need to spend big bucks getting the best picture quality.

He's looking at this TV:

Samsung 55" Class 5458" Diag. LED 1080p 120Hz 3D HDTV UN55FH6030FXZA - Best Buy

Seems decent enough. What do you guys think? Should he go with this one or are there better options out there?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll push him towards the plasma. Shouldn't the price of Panny plasmas be coming way down since they're getting out of the business?

J

JonnyFive23517

Audioholic
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll push him towards the plasma. Shouldn't the price of Panny plasmas be coming way down since they're getting out of the business?
I believe yes. After Christmas, I imagine it will be a free for all as they close them out. I don't think you can go wrong with the ST series, that's what I'm planning on picking up. The VT/ZT series have active fans in them which some users have reported to be distracting.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for the suggestions guys but he went and bought that Samsung last night. Guess he was in a big rush. :rolleyes:

He asks for my help and then goes and buys a TV on his own the same day.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks for the suggestions guys but he went and bought that Samsung last night. Guess he was in a big rush. :rolleyes:

He asks for my help and then goes and buys a TV on his own the same day.
I f-n hate such people..

Tell him what audioholics calls him a prick for wasting yours and our time and efforts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis