Integra DTR-60.5 HDBaseT Receiver: Ready for the future are you?

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Embrace the future you must for the force is strong with Integra and it is your destiny to upgrade your receiver.

The Integra DTR-60.5 receiver and DHC-60.5 Processors are some of the first on the market that supports HDBaseT. That's right, imagine a day when we cast off the shackles of HDMI and instead embrace Cat5e/6. Integra may be giving us a glimpse of that future and it's looking pretty bright.

Add to that DTS Neo:X support (up to 11.2 channels in one room), nine internal amps, 4k upconversion, nine HDMI inputs, and much more, the Integra DTR-60.5 should just be on every installer's suggestion list.

Read the Integra DTR-60.5 Preview

Share your thoughts about HDBaseT. Do you think it's got a future in your home theater?

Last edited by a moderator:
smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
I don't see mention of Audyssey Sub EQ HT - what ashame. I also checked on Audyssey's website and confirmed you (only) get it with Integra's 70 and 80 series (.2, .3 and .4 variants).

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Nice piece of gear indeed, but I wouldn't drop that kind of coin today on an AVR without dual HDMI outputs, but YMMV.

jinjuku

jinjuku

About time. Thank goodness. I'm am still, to this very day, baffled how they could invent all these data connections when 350 and 550 MHz CAT5/6 (e) has been a proven standard for decades now. Data connections that actually perform WORSE than CAT 5/6. At least you could do a 328 run w/o a repeater plus supply power over E with it.

I would have liked to see this with a few less HDMI inputs, chop off all the legacy inputs, use XLR for the Pre-outs and do it at $1999.

Last edited:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
About time. Thank goodness. I'm am still, to this very day baffled, how they could invent all these data connections when 350 and 550 MHz CAT5/6 (e) has been a proven standard for decades now. Data connections that actually perform WORSE than CAT 5/6. At least you could do a 328 run w/o a repeater plus supply power over E with it.
So true.
HDMI is what we got, because HDCP was the Record and Movie industries' top priority.

jinjuku

jinjuku

So true.
HDMI is what we got, because HDCP was the Record and Movie industries' top priority.
HDCP is a software protocol. Just like TCP/IP, UDP, SSL etc they could have implemented it over CAT5. HDCP and ICT are software. Take a look at the OSI model:

osi_model.JPG

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
HDCP is a software protocol. Just like TCP/IP, UDP, SSL etc they could have implemented it over CAT5. HDCP and ICT are software. Take a look at the OSI model:
So do you think they (instead) went with HDMI and it's lack of termination options, to keep the average user from easily connecting to a PC or it's network?
All in the hopes of preventing the ease of illegal copying?

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I would have liked to see this...use XLR for the Pre-outs and do it at $1999.
Well, the DHC processor does just that. :) I'm guessing that you were talking about the receiver, though...

jinjuku

jinjuku

View attachment 12266
I have no clue why they trotted out yet another physical layer. I am thinking $$ in patents (you could design any funky multipin interface an patent it) for the licensing. If you use CAT cable you are using a physical standard you can't make a ton of coin on.

All it tells me is that Execs did engineer work and not engineers.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Well, the DHC processor does just that. :) I'm guessing that you were talking about the receiver, though...
Yes, I was referring to the DTR. I would like to see the DHC for ~$1400. But neither have dual HDMI out so I wouldn't consider either.

Maybe Emotiva will get the XMC-1 out of perpetual Vapor Status with minimal beta testing by the purchasing public at large. It's got to be embarrassing. A little less Carver buyout and a little more engineering talent should have been the order of the day there.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
If you use CAT cable you are using a physical standard you can't make a ton of coin on.
I wonder if Monster, AudioQuest, et al will have a harder time suckering people into buying "high end" CAT5e/CAT6 versus HDMI...

jinjuku

jinjuku

I wonder if Monster, AudioQuest, et al will have a harder time suckering people into buying "high end" CAT5e/CAT6 versus HDMI...
Too funny that you mention that. Check this comment from PF by Habanero Monk (Matt) on the 'Are their differences in HDMI cables' thread:

The real solution has been out there for ages however: CAT5e cabling. Even a 100Mbit connection can do 1080P w/o breaking a sweat. Check out HD Base T​
HDBaseT Alliance | HDBaseT - A Standard of the Future, Today

100 Meter distance and I'm sure Audio Quest would then come out with a $3000 100 meter run of the stuff and another 7 page debate would debut.​

I would place $$ on AQ coming out with Silver stranded CAT6e, charging an arm and a leg for it, and listen to the idiots that have zero clue about how balanced, digital, packetized, transmission schemes actually work. No AQ, MIT, Kimber et al will have just any easy as a time. Actually they will make MORE money because it's easier/cheaper to produce CAT5/6 cable and terminate properly.

Kuntasensai laid it all out there with all the evidence and engineering examples and they still don't get it. HDMI works but is a messed up, horrible interface that should have never seen the light of day. Let real engineers design this stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
So, the receiver has $300, give or take, in amps? /s

A

africord

Enthusiast
Cat 5e/6 vs. HDMI

Oh, that we could eliminate HDMI in favor of this standard. The cost for cabling a system would go down dramatically and the effort to configure would drop dramatically!

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe a harder time, but it will still be possible. After all, people are suckered into paying crazy amounts for power cords, so I am sure that some shysters will stay in business selling overpriced wire, no matter what kind of wire connection is used in the future.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis