sgtjim

sgtjim

Junior Audioholic
IMG_0849.JPG

Here's my little piece of audio/video heaven. I am in the process of upgrading the center to an HTM1 once I find one locally to purchase.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Very nice...
Unless that is a wire running to your TV? Poke a couple holes in the wall and run it in there or get a wire hider, hopefully that is just an optical illusion, lol Im just kidding it looks really good, Im curious to see if you hear a huge difference with the HTM1...

sgtjim

sgtjim

Junior Audioholic
HDMI and power. I've got the HDMI now routed through wall but have yet to figure out how I'm going to get the power since running and extension cord is not the best option. Might have to hire an electrician and pay the big bucks.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi, Jim. Nice looking setup!

I was looking into running a power cord (and other cables) through my wall last year, and there are a number of products like this one for running power and cables to a TV. Fairly inexpensive, and apparently pretty easy to install.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Nice set up! I'm not usually a fan of bars on windows, but definitely wouldn't mind being locked up in that room!

sgtjim

sgtjim

Junior Audioholic
Not a window, an opening between living room and kitchen/dining room. Someday I'll get around to modernizing the house. Once I stop buying audio gear and mountain bikes.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Not a window, an opening between living room and kitchen/dining room. Someday I'll get around to modernizing the house. Once I stop buying audio gear and mountain bikes.
Sooo not anytime soon? :p

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Never stop buying bikes!

sgtjim

sgtjim

Junior Audioholic
Looking at the new 2014's. Don't need one but bike owners know how that goes.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Very nice! The plates above the TV balance the yellow mids :D. IMHO, that wall is begging to be covered up with a projector screen ;).

sgtjim

sgtjim

Junior Audioholic
Very nice! The plates above the TV balance the yellow mids :D. IMHO, that wall is begging to be covered up with a projector screen ;).
Thomas Kinkade plates that match Thomas Kinkade Prints. (Just liked lighthouses). Projector would be wonderful however I don't think there is room for one. Besides it's my living room and there's a window on the opposite wall so seeing would be a huge issue during the day. I do have blackout curtains .

sgtjim

sgtjim

Junior Audioholic
Went to local bike shop, no 2014's in yet so I didn't have to not buy one. Thinking I need a Stumpy or a Camber EVO. Hell, maybe an EPIC.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Thomas Kinkade plates that match Thomas Kinkade Prints. (Just liked lighthouses). Projector would be wonderful however I don't think there is room for one. Besides it's my living room and there's a window on the opposite wall so seeing would be a huge issue during the day. I do have blackout curtains .
There's always room for a screen :D With electric drop down screens you can put them almost anywhere, and other than a big black tube on your ceiling are completely inconspicuous. This way, TV during the day and for movie nights you hit a button and the screen drops down for movie theater like viewing.

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
HDMI and power. I've got the HDMI now routed through wall but have yet to figure out how I'm going to get the power since running and extension cord is not the best option. Might have to hire an electrician and pay the big bucks.
Wiring is can be difficult. however a outlet is the easiest thing to do. Monoprice makes some great wall mount outlets. you simply tap into the existing outlet and run bx cable up the stud. its stiff enough to push up to a new outlet.

It would cost 30.00 at the most.:)

sgtjim

sgtjim

Junior Audioholic
I have actually run the HDMI through the wall and will eventually get to the power cord. I have another HDMI now running from the TV to my Apple TV so that one will eventually have to be run also, however I am not in any hurry. I am still waiting to decide what new processor I will end up buying. I really want the Emotiva XMC-1 because of what it is supposed to offer and the styling will match my amp. However, since no one knows when it will be released I make due with the old Denon as a pre. Can't go UMC-200 due to updating issues at least for me, MacBook Pro only computer in my home. Also looking for a HTM1 or HTM2 N series to replace current center but not really interested in having to pay shipping.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis