Our 2013 Consumer Excellence Award Winners Revealed!

S

Smackrabbit

Enthusiast
Any chance of posting the full list of submitted products, so we know what the winning product was chosen from?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Any chance of posting the full list of submitted products, so we know what the winning product was chosen from?
Sorry most of the entries were manual so we don't have a tabulated list electronically that we can upload to the site. The entries were evaluated by our staff and winners chosen based on our criteria. This is exactly how the print magazines do their paid entry awards programs.

This is different from our Product of the Year awards which are solely based on our staff picks of reviewed products.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
As always Gene
Great job from your side, you ruined my plans for the evening already as I have to go through all of this in deep detail :D

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I`m a bit confused. How did the RBH sub beat out the Funk 18.0 that was just reviewed a week ago?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I`m a bit confused. How did the RBH sub beat out the Funk 18.0 that was just reviewed a week ago?
That part is actually very strange, I would think to 2013 CEA would be more or less targeted towards new products; In the case of the RBH sub it's pointed to an almost 7 year old preview.... was there nothing happening with the subwoofer technology in 7 years?

It's very hard to believe that the best (orone of the best) hi-end sub you can get today is 7 years old.....

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Again this is a paid entry award program, EXACTLY like the print magazines do. If you don't enter, you're not a contestant. Also the RBH will likely have more output than the funk since it's got 2 dual 12" drivers in a ported enclosure. Josh will be getting a sample in about 1 month. Andrew Robinson formerly of HTR did a review of it and found it to be one of the best subs he has heard personally I believe.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
That part is actually very strange, I would think to 2013 CEA would be more or less targeted towards new products; In the case of the RBH sub it's pointed to an almost 7 year old preview.... was there nothing happening with the subwoofer technology in 7 years?

It's very hard to believe that the best (orone of the best) hi-end sub you can get today is 7 years old.....
The date on that article got hosed, likely b/c of our undergoing site migration. This is a BRAND NEW product. It has only been out for 1 year.

Here is the actual date we published which you can see above the spec field: Review Date: Sep 07, 2012

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I don't know; the RBH Sound SX-1212P/R is supposed to be a really great sub:

RBH SX-1212P/R Powered Subwoofer Reviewed

And, perhaps, it is better in its "detail and accuracy", which is praised in the article to which the opening post is linked:

2013 Consumer Excellence Award Winners | Audioholics

But as there is no head to head comparison that I have seen between that subwoofer and the Funk Audio FW18.0, it is not easy to say which is the better subwoofer, or better at its price (as, for example, in the case of the SVS PB-1000).

I certainly would not want to judge the matter without having more facts than I have at present.

Edited to add:

I see that Gene has responded while I was writing my reply.

A

Audiopath49

Audiophyte
Hi ,

I am new to audioholics as a member however I have often read reviews and some form comments on here. I enjoyed reading up on these subs mentioned above.I have been using a PSB subsonic 5i for a number of years now and it has always blended well via my preout with the the various stand mounts I have had over the years including well known and highly regarded speakers such as the PSB Platinum M2 ,Green Mountain Callistos, "Usher Tiny Dancers" and Harbeth M30. I have also had speakers from JMlabs, Focus Audio,Quad and Silverline. My current speakers are the Legacy Studio HD which have some of the some components of the highly regarded Legacy Focus se. I use Tyler Acoustics 24 " sand filled with about 60 Lbs of sand. I purchased a use Classe' CAP-151 online this past year and find it matches up well with the Legacies and my sub.

I do not often post on the various audiophile forums in recent year having posted on Audiogon as well as bought and sold equipment on Canuck Audio Mart and Audiogon in the past.I am here to learn and explore mainly however I may post the odd comment or ask a question.

Happy Listening

Bill

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis