Kimber Kable 8TC Exotic Speaker Cables that Look/Measure Great

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Pfft, it's only 98,000 or so American dollars. Don't be cheap :p
You Google master, you. I almost asked if you were talking Canadian or American, but decided to throw in "Loonie" instead after I saw that they were about the same. :D

jinjuku

jinjuku

There is a saying attributable to David Lee Roth of all people: If you can't do it in one take you can't do it.

If you can't seriously give these a listen in a SBT you shouldn't be writing any sort of op-ed.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I support Steve's suggestion that you can easily make the BJC cables look very good with some simple equipment: shrink tube and a heat gun, I did something like this with some Onix cables from late AV123, result is quite good :p

Like some others around here.... There's just some things I don't understand from the review
- I don't understand how value proposition can be good when you don't hear any difference from the 10 AVG Canare cables :eek:
- How can cables dress up a system? In my opinion visible cables are always bad, all wives will agree to this, I would rather spending energy trying to hide these ugly cables
Mostly I would like cable gates at the floor with risers just where speakers are located, so you don't have any visible cables at all !!
So then, what cables look like should be inconsequential IMHO :p

I don't say that cables don't make a difference, maybe they do, maybe they don't.... I'm open minded and if someone can prove to me in my own system at home that they're worth that extra cash.... :rolleyes:
Until that time Blue Jeans Cable is my friend :D

jinjuku

jinjuku

:eek:
- How can cables dress up a system? In my opinion visible cables are always bad, all wives will agree to this, I would rather spending energy trying to hide these ugly cables
Mostly I would like cable gates at the floor with risers just where speakers are located, so you don't have any visible cables at all !!
With you there. My preferred setup is one where the only thing in view are the speakers. No equipment, no cables. Every time I see a picture of the big mono-blocks up front next to the speakers with firehose sized PC and IC and Speaker connect I just roll my eyes because it's almost a guarantee that the end user stopped listening with ears and started listening with eyes. I would bet if you took the best amp out there and put it in a rather domestic and badged with some non-high end name that the listening impression would directly track with what they saw.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I support Steve's suggestion that you can easily make the BJC cables look very good with some simple equipment: shrink tube and a heat gun, I did something like this with some Onix cables from late AV123, result is quite good :p

Like some others around here.... There's just some things I don't understand from the review
- I don't understand how value proposition can be good when you don't hear any difference from the 10 AVG Canare cables :eek:
So then, what cables look like should be inconsequential IMHO :p

I don't say that cables don't make a difference, maybe they do, maybe they don't.... I'm open minded and if someone can prove to me in my own system at home that they're worth that extra cash.... :rolleyes:
Until that time Blue Jeans Cable is my friend :D
Dumping money into funny wire is zero value for money. Hide them, then you can use zip cord and you won't ell the difference.

There are much better uses for your cash than exotic "funny wire."

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Dumping money into funny wire is zero value for money. Hide them, then you can use zip cord and you won't ell the difference.

There are much better uses for your cash than exotic "funny wire."
Difficult to do, some speakers really need their breathing space, like at least 1 metre from front wall, and it's pricey to make all these entry gates for cables in the floor when you move speakers around :eek:

A

avengineer

Banned
Posted without comment...from the Kimber web site:

"By virtue of its full, accurate and dimensional sound, 8TC ranks as one of the best high-end audio values of all time and without question is the best sounding moderately priced cable on the market."

"The focus, transparency and transient speed of 4TC are stunning."​

Last edited by a moderator:
jinjuku

jinjuku

Well, if they were able to graph it then it must be true. I see your kimber cable graph and raise you one jps audiolabs:

5454438962_7f9f7ece98_z.jpg

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Posted without comment...from the Kimber web site:

"By virtue of its full, accurate and dimensional sound,...​
Well, I have a comment ;)
Does this mean other cables are not as full, not as accurate and missing some of the dimensions? ;) :D

jinjuku

jinjuku

Well, I have a comment

Does this mean other cables are not as full, not as accurate and missing some of the dimensions?

Well, Ray Kimber would have to get my Patented 'Graph X-pando' to make the graph larger and show where Monoprice falls performance wise. Right now he is using the free version.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Well, Ray Kimber would have to get my Patented 'Graph X-pando' to make the graph larger and show where Monoprice falls performance wise. Right now he is using the free version.
That is a genius business model.

A

avengineer

Banned
Can't help but wonder how they measure dimensionality.
They have to be measured in another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis