Tell me if you understand the Nyne NH-6500 Tower Speaker

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We have some questionable thoughts on the Nyne NH-6500 Home Audio Tower. Has anyone heard or seen this speaker? Got an opinion?

<iframe src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/PPzp4JPH124" frameborder="0" height="281" width="500"></iframe>​

This is what we thought of the Nyne NH-6500 Speaker

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I wonder if the sound stage would be improved be arranging a dipole or bipole configuration. Just aim those tweeters and mids away from each other at different angle and maybe at least there will be some separation.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I wonder if the sound stage would be improved be arranging a dipole or bipole configuration. Just aim those tweeters and mids away from each other at different angle and maybe at least there will be some separation.

The ears and human brain interprets the directional information using a combination of phase difference, loudness difference, and quality difference between the sounds received by the 2 ears, implied by the shadow and diffraction effects of the head and to the differences in the angle subtended by the ear openings; All this according to an exceedingly complex algorithm that we probably not yet understand fully, at least I don't... Maybe some of you guys do?

From a physical point f view, thinking about localization of the left/right sound sources; I don't understand how it then can be possible to provide angular, lateral and depth localization without the speakers being far apart; Maybe the above understates the suggestion some loudspeaker producers advice(For instance Audio Physic), that for best stereo perspective: use the long wall and speakers quite far apart.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis