S

Stereoguy

Audioholic
Hi: I'm trying to decide which one to buy? I've read up on both and inquired at various stores so far. I do play some games also watch a fair bit of sports(football, hockey mostly and movies too!!) My room is bright during the early part of the day(morning) otherwise a non-issue. I have an Apple TV 3 and a PS3 so don't really need the "smart" features as far as 3D could care less so the bottom line is the ST that much better in terms PQ over the S? Up here in Canada it seems the difference in price is about $300-$400+ tax. Thanks for the help

P.S I'm currently using a 2008 720p Panasonic as a reference point
<!-- / message -->

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hi: I'm trying to decide which one to buy? I've read up on both and inquired at various stores so far. I do play some games also watch a fair bit of sports(football, hockey mostly and movies too!!) My room is bright during the early part of the day(morning) otherwise a non-issue. I have an Apple TV 3 and a PS3 so don't really need the "smart" features as far as 3D could care less so the bottom line is the ST that much better in terms PQ over the S? Up here in Canada it seems the difference in price is about $300-$400+ tax. Thanks for the help

P.S I'm currently using a 2008 720p Panasonic as a reference point
<!-- / message -->
Hello,
I am contemplating the ST and S models myself, according to CNET the picture quality is very similar and S series offers the best bang for buck plasma TV. you can get the 65" S for the price of the 60" ST, a few hundred under $1500, they also say the 3D on the ST series is terrible but the anti-glare screen is much better on the ST than the S, but if you can control your room lighting I think the S is the way to go.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis