New Outdoor speaker set up help

D

Dr Mike

Audiophyte
hey guys having trouble finding a good set up for my house. the area i want to the sound to go to is a rectangle. 150ft long and 75feet wide. its a patio and a pool area. im looking to get around 4 outdoor speakers and a good receiver. i want it to be able to play all types of music and sound good. i was looking around and didnt find any good reviews. whats your opinions. loud is a big concern as well as quality. trying to keep it around 500-600$

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
I dunno...

hey guys having trouble finding a good set up for my house. the area i want to the sound to go to is a rectangle. 150ft long and 75feet wide. its a patio and a pool area. im looking to get around 4 outdoor speakers and a good receiver. i want it to be able to play all types of music and sound good. i was looking around and didnt find any good reviews. whats your opinions. loud is a big concern as well as quality. trying to keep it around 500-600$
That is a BIG area where you want BIG sound with a small budget. In all honesty I think it may be hard to accomplish in that 4-500 area. Is that a max or just hoping to keep it under that? I would say that would need to double to get close to what you are describing, imo.

D

Dr Mike

Audiophyte
I'm trying to keep it around that. I can go with a used receiver or speakers from eBay. The area is wide open we had a 300 watt boom box that was decent but it's time to mount on the house and upgrade

J

jotham

Audioholic
For that budget, I would get this...

Dayton Audio IO650W 6-1/2" Indoor/Outdoor Speaker Pair White 310-058

There are lots of good reasonably priced receivers, I'm not sure if you should get a surround sound or stereo receiver. Lots of surround sound receivers have a stereo mode that will act like a stereo receiver. Plus surround sound receivers sell in greater quantities so there might be efficiencies of scale.

I would probably get a surround sound receiver but here are two viable options.
Amazon.com: Onkyo TX-8050 Network Stereo Receiver (Black): Home Audio & Theater

Amazon.com: Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2-Channel THX Select2 Plus Certified Network A/V Receiver(Black): Home Audio & Theater

The onkyo 616 is incrementally more expensive than the 515 and has slightly higher output power.

There is a stereo mode (All Ch Stereo) that will play stereo through all 4 speakers attached. You could also theoretically host movie nights outside with a projector.

Something just occurred to me, for that large area, it might be better to have 6 speakers instead of 4. This would be a more affordable speaker if you were buying that many.
Dayton Audio IO655W 6-1/2" 2-Way Indoor/Outdoor Speaker Pair 310-010

Getting really loud yet still good quality outside is pretty tough. I'm not sure what you consider loud. I would probably recommend buying two pairs of the more expensive daytons, hooking it up to a receiver you already own and see if that meets your needs. If not, you could possibly return them. The reason I said two pairs as that model is probably being discontinued and won't be around forever.

Jotham

W

wilejoe

Junior Audioholic
I have the Bose 251 outdoor speakers hooked up to a 100watt Sony receiver they can get pretty loud and sound pretty good . I don't know if they'll cover that big of an area but it's in your price range . A second pair of speakers would put you over your range they're $358 a pair at J&R

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis