Check out the new Rotel RA-1570 Integrated Amp

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Rotel's new RA-1570 integrated amp is a totally different product than their RA-1520 integrated amp. USB inputs, more features and a whole different set of functionality.

So would you buy it?

Read more about the Rotel RA-1570 Integrated Amplifier.

Last edited by a moderator:
internetmin

internetmin

Audioholic
Nice to see Rotel's new models. Over the years, they've represented simply excellent value in helping introduce people to high end audio.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I would seriously consider, if I was looking for an amp in this price range....
Why don't they include a streamer like what Primare does with their I32 integrated amp... If you want all in a single box, that is...

internetmin

internetmin

Audioholic
I would seriously consider, if I was looking for an amp in this price range....
Why don't they include a streamer like what Primare does with their I32 integrated amp... If you want all in a single box, that is...
I think it's valid to ask a few questions as to why you don't get just a bit more with the Rotel's. Room correction is the big, glaring issue.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I think it's valid to ask a few questions as to why you don't get just a bit more with the Rotel's.
It's a valid question....
I have a Krell KAV400xi, so the Rotel would be a 'downgrade' to me :p

But the bigger guy (RB1582) is even more interesting in my view :D

http://www.rotel.com/UK/products/ProductDetails.htm?Id=488&Tab=1&Pic=1
Even though it's only rated at 8 ohms; according to HiFi choice it easily drives lower impedance loads, Magnepan 1.6 for instance....
http://www.rotel.com/content/reviews/15 series/rc1580-rb1582-review.pdf
The amps would perhaps be even more interesting if they were bridgable :p

Room correction is interesting, if done properly.... Can't see it's mentioned in the overviewew of RA1570 ???

Last edited:
H

Hyfi

Enthusiast
I have an RX-1052 which is a solid performer with good features. I would not have any issues buying more Rotel gear if needed and this was my target price range.

musiclover66

musiclover66

Audiophyte
Love mine

I got mine last Wednesday. It's replacing a Yamaha RX-V2700 A/V receiver & driving B&W 804S. Sounds great so far. I got out of home theater & have gone back to two channel stereo music reproduction only.

musiclover66

musiclover66

Audiophyte
I got mine last Wednesday. It's replacing a Yamaha RX-V2700 A/V receiver & driving B&W 804S. Sounds great so far. I got out of home theater & have gone back to two channel stereo music reproduction only.
I just realized the headphone is a 1/8" mini jack. All of my headphones use the full size 1/4" jack. WTF a mini jack on a serious integrated amp?. I don't want to use a 1/8 to 1/4 inch adapter. Crap!

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I just realized the headphone is a 1/8" mini jack. All of my headphones use the full size 1/4" jack. WTF a mini jack on a serious integrated amp?. I don't want to use a 1/8 to 1/4 inch adapter. Crap!
Interesting how this reflects Rotel's design target that consumers will not use hi-end headphones with their products :p

G

guitar58

Audiophyte
Rote RA-1570

Just wondering, how this new unit from Rotel would sound with a pair of Dynaudio D/M 7's.
I'm looking for a really good amp to handle computer internet streaming,and universal,(Oppo-103)
playback.

Like a balanced sound, airy highs, no harshness, etc...

Can Rotel do it??

Guitar58

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I wouldnt look into electronics to change your sound, airy highs, no harshness, etc is going to be mostly in the room and speakers, not much in an amp or receiver that is going to change any of that, unless it has a built in eq program of some sort...

E

ermesy

Audiophyte
Just don't expect Rotel to tell you what power their A/B units put into a 4 ohm load and the distortion levels. I emailed them asking same and simply got a cut and paste from the RA-1570 manual (which doesn't give the required info). I then emailed a different email address asking the same question and didn't even get a reply. Oddly, they'll happily quote 8/4 ohm power outputs for their Class D amps.
Do they have something to hide? I know Rotel have a great reputation but their reticence makes me suspicious. Does anyone have any reliable information about what this puppy can put into 4 ohms with, say, .1% or less, distortion?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I like the looks of the old Rotel much better than the model that replaces it. Its looks too generic..

D

deanv

Audiophyte
Ermesy, I was looking for the same info and found this review that described some power measurements.

Do a Google search for 'Rotel RA1570 fifteen love'. Look on the last page of the pdf at the bottom of the RA1570 description. It looks like a beast of an amp.

I'm too new to post links.

E

ermesy

Audiophyte
Ermesy, I was looking for the same info and found this review that described some power measurements.

Do a Google search for 'Rotel RA1570 fifteen love'. Look on the last page of the pdf at the bottom of the RA1570 description. It looks like a beast of an amp.

Thanks Dean. I also found a review with some figures at a site called blu-raydefinition.com (I can't post links either, even in text format).
According to this one, it'll put 200w into 4 ohms but at 1% distortion which is nothing to write home about. I guess it's all a bit problematic anyway as even 120w into 8 ohms is about 100 more than I'll ever need!

E

ermesy

Audiophyte

Of course I meant to say"...it's all a bit academic".

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis