Bought a new vehicle

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My lease was up on my Toyota Camry and we needed a larger vehicle. I ended up with a Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0T Premium. Its a turbocharged 2 litre engine putting out 264hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. This car hauls *ss very comfortably and has a proven reliability which I hope prooves itself to be true.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Congrats on the new ride! Always exciting to have a new horse in the stable.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Is that a crossover. Turbocharging seems like a waste. Of course it does save you one step in the improvement process.:D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Is that a crossover. Turbocharging seems like a waste. Of course it does save you one step in the improvement process.:D

A properly designed turbo charged engine gives you the fuel economy benefits of a small displacement engine (when not spooling the turbo ) with the power of a large displacement engine . I'm a huge fan of turbocharging . I drove the 2.4 litre non turbo charged engine version of this vehicile and the difference in performance is night and day. My only disappointment with this vehicle is that I could not hear the turbo spool up.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nice. I had one of the older ones as a rental and I actually liked it quite a bit.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats. I'm no longer interested in Hyundai products for my own reasons, but that does look to be a nice vehicle :)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
A properly designed turbo charged engine gives you the fuel economy benefits of a small displacement engine (when not spooling the turbo ) with the power of a large displacement engine . I'm a huge fan of turbocharging . I drove the 2.4 litre non turbo charged engine version of this vehicile and the difference in performance is night and day. My only disappointment with this vehicle is that I could not hear the turbo spool up.
Nothing a CAI can't help out. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Nice. They're know for their reliability. Chrysler is actually using their tranny's in some of their vehicles now. The jeep the wifey is getting has one of their 6 speeds. Turbo motors are always pretty cool (if built properly). Do you have to use premium?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I just installed a bypass elbow, removing the stock resonator, and I can hear the turbo spool quite a bit more. If this vehicle is intercooled, a CAI really isn't necessary.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I just installed a bypass elbow, removing the stock resonator, and I can hear the turbo spool quite a bit more. If this vehicle is intercooled, a CAI really isn't necessary.
Sweet. :) What are you driving?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I can use regular gas. Premium is not a requirement.

The non turbo engines displaces 2.43 litre (148 Cunbic Inches) and puts out 190 hp @ 6300 rpm and 181 ft-lbs. @ 4250.
The turbo engine displaces only 2 litres (122 Cubic Inches) and puts out 264 hp @ 6000 rpm and 269 ft-lbs. @ 1750.

I love turbos

I consider this to be an American car as its built in Alabama.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Congrats on the new ride!

Although, I'm a little hurt that you'd pick the Santa Fe over the Tucson... :( :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis