just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
hello, folks.

i haven't been around in a while. sold condo, bought house. an old house, that needs and is getting a pretty large rehab = the whole main floor is getting everything = insulation in walls/ceiling, electrical, windows, doors, floors, trim, drywall (i'm taking out the plaster & lath. boy is that fun , NOT !). but i got it for a good price, and it has a lot of other things going for it.

i have been here since 3-3-2012.

anyway.
a few weeks ago i got the theater put up in the living room, 14x9x27'. its a somewhat temp install. as someday its going to be in the basement = a ton of work to be done there first. so this could be here for a year or 3.

its a work in progress. but i am so glad i can watch movies again !

dig my projector mount :D

Attachments

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Congrats on the new house! Well, somewhat new. :)

The projector mount is nice...and I'm diggin' the rear speaker stands. :D

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

thanx. yeah, i know what you mean.

yeah. those are my old altec towers. i was using them, but put the better sides on top. i will take em down after i make up some mounts for the ENERGYS.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's perfect! Don't change a thing!;):D

Congrats on the house. Renos are a pain, but you'll get it to the way you want it.:)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Nice to see those CSS 12s still going strong.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

yeah. i'm thinkin about marketing that pj mount :D. AND the bucket speakers stands :eek::rolleyes:.

the reno of this house, its a complete gut job, down to the studs. then new everything, wait, EVERYTHING.
but, in the end, i will have what i want.

the CCS 12's . in my condo, well, they destroyed ! a 12 unit all concrete building = i showed no mercy !
but, in this house, (frame construction) not so much. seems much of the bass is going out the structure.
don't get me wrong, they are still pretty nice. but not like the condo. as i have a LOT on my plate right now, i am just going to be happy with what i have. but in the future i am thinking 4 15's or 2 18's.

now, the bad news. since having the HT in this house. my PJ, with very little hrs on it, is acting up. it will randomly, on its own, cycle between different PJ settings. the first several movies, it was bearable. tonight, it was doing it every 30-60 seconds. so i either have to figure it out, if even possible. or buy a new PJ :mad: (this is a new thread). right now, i am bummed. oh-well, such is )my( life.

Last edited:
just-some-guy

just-some-guy

i tried the PJ just now = last 1/2+hr. and it is working mostly just fine. idk ......

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
Congrats on the new house! Well, somewhat new. :)

The projector mount is nice...and I'm diggin' the rear speaker stands. :D
Ditto!!

I am so doing that for my next projector stand!! Silly me, which I used to think my idea of stacking boxes to mount my PJ!! ;)

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

that is just a temp mount/stand. as is the rest of the theater in that room. i have now made a more permanent temporary stand/mount out of 2 2x4's and some plywood.
and i now have the sides mounted on the wall.

when i first got my pj, i also stacked it in boxs, just to get it up and running.

btw, my pj is not acting up any more. thankfully, as i didn't want to buy a new one.

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
that is just a temp mount/stand. as is the rest of the theater in that room. i have now made a more permanent temporary stand/mount out of 2 2x4's and some plywood.
and i now have the sides mounted on the wall.

when i first got my pj, i also stacked it in boxs, just to get it up and running.

btw, my pj is not acting up any more. thankfully, as i didn't want to buy a new one.
Looking at a pair of these once they hit my local dealer for demo & sale.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
the CCS 12's . in my condo, well, they destroyed ! a 12 unit all concrete building = i showed no mercy !
but, in this house, (frame construction) not so much. seems much of the bass is going out the structure.
don't get me wrong, they are still pretty nice. but not like the condo. as i have a LOT on my plate right now, i am just going to be happy with what i have. but in the future i am thinking 4 15's or 2 18's.
TLS just completed a nice design with the 18" dayton drivers. I think 4 of those would do quite nicely in your home when you get the chance. Though with your hunger for bass you may need something even more potent. Maybe a tapped horn.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

TLS just completed a nice design with the 18" dayton drivers. I think 4 of those would do quite nicely in your home when you get the chance. Though with your hunger for bass you may need something even more potent. Maybe a tapped horn.
yeah, 4 18's would be nice. and those are not that costly either. but you are correct, when it is time to upgrade (when i move the theater to the "MAN cave" in the basement) i think i am going to want "SERIOUS". i am tierd of hearing my subs being distrested . TRON really did this to em. but this will be a few years out. so we will see what developes by then.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis