Best Bookshelf speakers and sub under $200

F

Fitshaced

Audiophyte
Hello,

I need to keep this under $200 or very close to it. Here is what im thinking if you guys have a better combo please let me know. This is Purely for listening to my vinyl.

Dayton B652 + Polk PSW 10 Sub or Pioneer SW 8Mk2 sub dont know which is better but both under $90

Pioneer SP BS21 + one of the above subs

Pioneer SP BS22 + one of the above subs

Cheers,

Davey

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
What AL2 said!
The BS21 is not as good as the BS22.
I brought a Pioneer SW8 mk2 home to check it out and was not impressed. The Polk sub has a poor reputation.

In short, the Dayton & BS22s are a good option in this price range.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I need to keep this under $200 or very close to it. Here is what im thinking if you guys have a better combo please let me know. This is Purely for listening to my vinyl.

Dayton B652 + Polk PSW 10 Sub or Pioneer SW 8Mk2 sub dont know which is better but both under $90
Since you are into music - I would save for a decent subwoofer and not rush it

The Pioneer BS22 is a solid choice for music - I do not consider the Dayton speakers in the same league.
The Pioneer speakers do have some nice bass

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
On the lines of what Jim said, I'd recommend you get the Pioneer FS52 now and forego the sub. Save up a little and get the Bic America F12 sub.

F

Fitshaced

Audiophyte
Thanks for all the input everyone. The FS52's won't work they are too tall. I have little kids so any floor speakers would not be wise:)

Think I will definitely order the 22's.

So the Bic F12 is good? I've seen the name but don't know anything about the brand.

Cheers,

Davey

N

NewHTbuyer

Audioholic
I like your handle:D

Be careful, if you get too Fitshaced, you might end up with drain bramage!

manwithnocape

manwithnocape

Audioholic
the bic is more money (186.60 on amazon), but it is surprising. a buddy of mine has one and it handles smaller rooms nicely. i can be a bit of a audio snob sometimes, but this little guy has good lows, rear firing port so some port noise is disguised and is not bothersome. it is nice and quick, crisp, decent detail through the mids. considering the money, it is good. it isn;t a 1,000 buck sub, but i would buy one for a office or den.

F

Fitshaced

Audiophyte
How is the NHT SW2i Subwoofer? I ask because i saw one on my Local Craigslist for $60. I live In the Denver area.

F

Fitshaced

Audiophyte
Hello afterlife. How do the nxg'd you suggested compare to the pioneers bs22's

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hello afterlife. How do the nxg'd you suggested compare to the pioneers bs22's
I never tried the 22's, but I had the big brother the 52's(lost to sandy storm) and I'd say the NXG sound great for 4" speakers. I'm amazed every time I put these to music with the sub OSD they really make a great combo. I really can't compare them I really like both. The big plus with the NXG they are better looking in person. I keep the cover off mines.:)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I will just throw a fourth in for the BS22s. I have them also and I really do enjoy them. There's a LOT of discussion in them in the Andrew Jones thread.

Never heard the NXGs.

F

Fitshaced

Audiophyte
I have one more for you guys.

Best Buy has The BS22's on sale for $89.99 but they also had some Klipsch BK-15's for $99.99. What are your thoughts about the BK-15's?

Cheers,

Davey

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I would check both out and see which one you like best. Ultimately it's your ears is what counts.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis