I'm so not happy rite now...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Dogs sick... not doing well... Bloat... 6 year old weim... All the mailmans fault...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
New mail man, opened the gate which says "DOGS DO NOT OPEN GATE" to look for the mail box which is 3 feet in front of the gate, no reason to enter the gate, well then we didnt know the gate had been opened my wife let the dogs into the gated portion of the yard and the gate was opened and not shut properly, the dogs ate outside, then figured out the gate was opened and ran out. My male came rite to the front door and the female had to be called in, but the excitement after she ate made her stomach twist... These are very high strung hunting dogs, they do the same thing every day, they eat and then sleep, because they are barrel chested they are prone to bloat which is there stomach twisting in their body...

Just got a call from the vet they are going to put her to sleep, the only option is surgery and that doesnt work out well, plus she has had some issues already so, its the rite thing to do...

Just sucks...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Dang, that sucks.

Pets really are part of the family

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Damn, sorry to hear it. Had to do it more than once myself in what seems like a short time, so I know how it feels.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks everyone, Well I went and picked her up, good thing I have one of my backhoes at the house since the ground was frozen that would have been a torturous hole to dig... My male is lost, he knew she was sick because he wouldn't let anyone but me near her, My wife wanted to record it but I was just getting mad so she knew to stay away... When I pulled up to the house after dropping her off he was flipping out that she wasnt with me, looking all over for her... Then when I came back with her, he could smell her but they must know death because he sniffed around a little and went and layed in his bed, hasn't moved since.... They have been together since 6 months old, he was older, they trained and showed together, she finished as an adult champion at 16 months old, and won her dual championship for hunting at 3, loved kids, seemed like she knew if you were sick, she would come and try to lay ontop of your recently opened up shoulder, lol, just a good girl...

Heres she is in the front my male behind her {where he liked to be, had to use the hose a few times, lol}
ebay3149_zps4f9fafda.jpg

puppys make everyone happy, especially before their eyes change
ebay3118_zps410f7a12.jpg

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
1) Could not see the mail box outside.
2) Ignored sign.
3) Did not secure gate upon departure.

Someone here has a quote in their sig. about never underestimate people's potential for stupidity (seems like it was attributed to either Twain or Einstein).

As much as I feel your pain and feel the mailman was an incredible idiot, if there is potential for it to happen again with the other dog, you need to figure out a way to make sure another idiot doesn't follow suit.
Chain the gate if you have to.
In any risk, you assess the likelihood of failure combined with the consequences of failure. In this instance the consequences are just to great to gamble on the intelligence of strangers.

PS - Please, don't misinterpret this to say you should have (or I would have) known better, because I would be in the same boat you are now. But hindsight is 20/20, so use it!

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
1) Could not see the mail box outside.
2) Ignored sign.
3) Did not secure gate upon departure.

Someone here has a quote in their sig. about never underestimate people's potential for stupidity (seems like it was attributed to either Twain or Einstein).

As much as I feel your pain and feel the mailman was an incredible idiot, if there is potential for it to happen again with the other dog, you need to figure out a way to make sure another idiot doesn't follow suit.
Chain the gate if you have to.
In any risk, you assess the likelihood of failure combined with the consequences of failure. In this instance the consequences are just to great to gamble on the intelligence of strangers.
Already done, This guy had to reach over the gate to open it... It doesnt open from the outside, you have to put your arm over the fence, and lift the latch, that you can not see from the front side, you need to know the fence style specifically, no handle on the outside.... I already screwed a bolt through the gate latch since we hardly ever use it to leave the property, but I dont want it locked in case of emergency, that can be the only way out of the guest house....

I already called the po and I am emailing them a copy of the videos showing this guy read the sign {from 3 angles}, and reach over my gate and leave with out shutting it or telling anyone he went back there for no reason but to look around... I have cameras covering every sq ft of my property, that never erase, I have 5 2tb harddrives, I was told I can record all cameras 24 hours a day for over 2 decades and never have to erase, and most of them only record when motion is sensed so I have yet to fill one hard drive with over 40 cameras...
But it doesnt matter, whats done is done, nothing is going to change it, just one of them things, Im thankful for the time me and my family and friends got with her....

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
As you say it really doesn't matter, but I'm curious to know how the PO responds to something like this. They are such a bureaucracy, it is hard to predict (and would be worse if they were still government run).

Also, note that I added a PS to my post while you were typing.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
My condolences Irv. Very strange circumstances by the video... Hopefully a little justice gets served out.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Sorry for your loss. We had to put our cat of 20 years to sleep last year and it's hard, even when you know it's time.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Dangit man. I wouldn't expect much out of the PO besides an apology, but like you said, not much they can do to about it now anyway and nothing they can do will make you feel any different IMHO. My buddy had to put his dog down just a few weeks ago and he was happy to come by and hang out with us and our dog shortly after.

I don't think you were around yet for this one: http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/steam-vent/80479-another-when-rains-pours.html

Our other cat was literally depressed for months because they were together their whole lives too.

You made them happy and they made you happy, that's all that matters.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Words elude me, man. That's incredibly sad. I'm very sorry.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
The kids are taking it really hard and my wife is of course upset. My wife started making dinner and I told her I wasnt hungry she said she wasnt either, so she just threw some left overs in the broiler for the kids. About an hour later, I went down to see if my male weim had eaten yet because he hadnt touched his food {which is odd, they both used to eat out of 1 bowl and it would be empty within minutes}, I asked me wife if he ate and she said no and neither did the kids... Thats when I put it together my dog is greeving the same way we do, hopefully he gets over this with out doing any harm to himself, I can force the kids to eat, but the dog is going to be tough... They have never been apart before...

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
So sorry man. We had to put our Lab down a couple of years ago. He was my first dog and it was time ( he was sixteen and had been miserable for a while). So hard to say goodbye. Especially so suddenly and because of some unthinking person's actions.
Sincerely, Mac

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis