Need help on bookshelf or surrounds to match polk tsi300 fronts.

M

Mancave

Audioholic Intern
Not sure where to start but how can I match (or do you have to match) the back speakers? I don't know if those are bookshelf or surround speakers. I just want to build the smaller speakers that go in the back in 5.1 surround sound for movies.

Dayton equipment is fine, if anyone can recommend something.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Not sure where to start but how can I match (or do you have to match) the back speakers? I don't know if those are bookshelf or surround speakers. I just want to build the smaller speakers that go in the back in 5.1 surround sound for movies.

Dayton equipment is fine, if anyone can recommend something.
Matching the front 3 speakers is much more important than getting rear speakers to match the fronts. For movie audio, you shouldn't make that a priority. For music, most recordings are made with 2-channel in mind, but there are a few multichannel music discs around. Unless you have great plans for multichannel music, I'd avoid spending big dollars on rear speakers.

I was going to suggest NHT SuperZero 2 for rear speakers at $99 each, but first I looked up those Polk TSi 300s and saw that a pair of NHTs cost as much as one of your Polk towers. How much do you want to spend for rear speakers?

M

Mancave

Audioholic Intern
I was hoping to spend minimal for ones I could build. I don't know my full budget. Was more looking to build than buy. Can it be done for $100?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
O

Omar Leon

Enthusiast
You can get a pair of TSI100 for your surrounds. You should be able to find them for $100 a pair online. If that doesn't work then try the TS15's. Surrounds are not detrimental to the setup unless your an audiophile. You can also go the Dayton route and I recommend these Dayton Audio B652.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis