Mounting Samsung 55" LED LCD with single-stud mount?

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
I've done them, they work fine. I used 3 3"x1/2" lags, no shields.

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
I would make sure you hit the stud dead center though, use a really good stud finder, or use a drill and the tiniest drill bit you have to find the edges of the stud.

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
Well alright -- glad to hear people have done it! I will certainly drill "feeler" holes to ensure I'm dead center on the stud.

Let me ask this -- do you guys who've done it keep the arm "extended"? I would like to have my TV the full 24" away from the wall, so the moment arm acting on the stud mount is going to be significant. Still no issues with doing that?

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
Well alright -- glad to hear people have done it! I will certainly drill "feeler" holes to ensure I'm dead center on the stud.

Let me ask this -- do you guys who've done it keep the arm "extended"? I would like to have my TV the full 24" away from the wall, so the moment arm acting on the stud mount is going to be significant. Still no issues with doing that?
Put 2 up, in corners, so the arms are extended out. Like I said, 3 bolts, no lags, center of stud. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN!!!!!!!

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
This mounts a Sanus, but the principle is a the same. Enjoy

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
This mounts a Sanus, but the principle is a the same. Enjoy

[/QUOT

Sorry for the hijack, But cobrea, I see you use errite cores. And I see you have your power cable looped through the one. Is that the proper way to utilizr them?

And exactly how much of a difference do you notice?

Thanks, and sorry again.

pg_rider, you should also check MOOPRICE.COM for mounts. or anything audio/video related. I have made many problem free purchases from them.

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
Sorry for the hijack, But cobrea, I see you use errite cores. And I see you have your power cable looped through the one. Is that the proper way to utilizr them?

And exactly how much of a difference do you notice?.
The cores are what came with the TV 's. Their LG commercial grade sets. I've not noticed any difference with or without.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
The cores are what came with the TV 's. Their LG commercial grade sets. I've not noticed any difference with or without.
In case anyone gives a s.....
The core should go close to the unit, not the receptacle end.:)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
To the OP

Why use a single stud mount, if it's not necessary or if you have load concerns?
I'd recommend another mount that catches two studs.
Or..finish a nice piece of wood that spans two studs and connect to that.

*Never put lags completely through a stud.
There are two reasons:
1. You'd have to be 100% sure there are no pipes or wire in that section of wall.
2. Multiple lags all the way through will weaken the stud too much.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That looks like a double stud mount. :confused:

I think the product link has the wrong picture.
It's single stud. Perhaps you are looking at the two bars that are on the TV end? The wall connection is on the left side of that photo.

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
To the OP: Why use a single stud mount, if it's not necessary or if you have load concerns?
I'd recommend another mount that catches two studs.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner! :) After thinking it through I decided to go with a "regular" (vice single-stud) mount. And on a whim I checked craigslist -- lo and behold a guy was selling a top of the line OmniMount UCL-X for $155. Talked him down to $125 and walked away with it.

Got it mounted up -- just need to order some longer HDMI cables so I can tuck them along the mount and make the TV truly float. :)

Thoughts? You can see that the mount is offset from the center of the TV. Plus, I couldn't hit a stud with the right-edge mounting holes so I put two lags through the adjustment track of the mount. Not the way it's supposed to work, but certainly does the job.

From above:

And here's the old setup with the basic TV stand (which didn't leave enough room for the center channel).

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Ding ding ding, we have a winner! :) After thinking it through I decided to go with a "regular" (vice single-stud) mount. And on a whim I checked craigslist -- lo and behold a guy was selling a top of the line OmniMount UCL-X for $155. Talked him down to $125 and walked away with it.

Got it mounted up -- just need to order some longer HDMI cables so I can tuck them along the mount and make the TV truly float. :)

Thoughts? You can see that the mount is offset from the center of the TV. Plus, I couldn't hit a stud with the right-edge mounting holes so I put two lags through the adjustment track of the mount. Not the way it's supposed to work, but certainly does the job.

From above:

And here's the old setup with the basic TV stand (which didn't leave enough room for the center channel).
Looks great.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis