What media shelves do you use?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I'm currently using three different kinds of shelves for my blurays/games/cds, and they're all super full. These are the ones I'm using:
Amazon.com: Atlantic Maxsteel 3020 432 CD/228 DVD/114 VHS/ 8-Tier Media Rack Black: Electronics
Amazon.com: Sauder Graham Hill Multimedia Storage Tower Autumn Maple: Office Products
Amazon.com: Prepac Oak Triple Width Wall Media (DVD,CD,Games) Storage Rack: Home & Kitchen

I'm thinking about replacing all my shelves with matching ones, and possibly adding wall mounted shelves because I've got plenty of wall space and nowhere near enough floor space :D

Anyway, what sort of shelving are yall using?

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
I think this is why they invented streaming, :D.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Can't stream a ps3 game :D

I'd like to have a nice big fileserver for my movies and all that, but the cost would be too much for me right now. I do rip all my cds though.

Anyway, streaming or not, I'd still need a place to keep all the discs/cases :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Can't stream a ps3 game :D

I'd like to have a nice big fileserver for my movies and all that, but the cost would be too much for me right now. I do rip all my cds though.

Anyway, streaming or not, I'd still need a place to keep all the discs/cases :D
Can't you download them?

I use a very old open shelf made out of pine 1x4. If I build a shelf I'd probably use something similar. I'm too cheap to pay for that much oak.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Not all ps3 games are downloadable, but even if they were I would much rather buy the disc. I like having the physical copy (same with movies and music).

I do make exceptions though, because getting games on steam is so damned cheap on steam, and I also buy games for the wii virtual console.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Not all ps3 games are downloadable, but even if they were I would much rather buy the disc. I like having the physical copy (same with movies and music).

I do make exceptions though, because getting games on steam is so damned cheap on steam, and I also buy games for the wii virtual console.
My dvd drive on my xbox is going out so disc based is out of the loop, but I rarely play games long enough to really have the disc worth it.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I just buy a lot of games and never play them :(

Out of the last 40 games I've purchased, I've probably played 3 of them.

I like collecting them though.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Meh. I have too many movies and CDs already. The shelf I wanted they don't sell anymore :( I play all of my games and finish about 90% of them.

I wanted this one with frosted glass, but they only make the clear one now (not that the clear is bad either):

They sell a double of that one as well. That one rack probably won't hold all of my BDs alone right now.

I am thinking about one like the first one you listed, the wire rack now. How do you like it? I need something adjustable ideally, but the glass one is already setup to handle the size of everything already.

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
The wire one isn't bad. A bit wobbly on my carpet, but that's why it's up against a wall :D The shelves are a lot more sturdy than the particle board shelves on my other units, and it's pretty inexpensive.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Timely thread for me, because my movie bookshelf is getting pretty jammed up now. I saw this really sweet looking wall mountable system years ago, it might* have been from IKEA, and I even think I posted the pic here years ago, but I doubt I can find it. It was someone else's pic that I grabbed off of AVS, IIRC. When I have the time to spare, maybe I'll try running all kinds of searches, but I'm going to keep tabs on what you find out during the meanwhile.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Timely thread for me, because my movie bookshelf is getting pretty jammed up now. I saw this really sweet looking wall mountable system years ago, it might* have been from IKEA, and I even think I posted the pic here years ago, but I doubt I can find it. It was someone else's pic that I grabbed off of AVS, IIRC. When I have the time to spare, maybe I'll try running all kinds of searches, but I'm going to keep tabs on what you find out during the meanwhile.
Cool, had a moment, and I found it way more quickly than I thought I would. (I posted it here 3.5 years ago.)

LERBERG CD/DVD wall shelf - dark gray - IKEA

edit: Oh well, this is not really for me, I could do with a taller dimension; they won't fit enough for the limited space I could make for them. Looks nifty though.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/584869-post16.html

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Those look perfect. Cheap, too. Shipping can be relatively expensive, but it looks like if I can order up to 7 at a time and the shipping fee will stay at $10 :)

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
This is what I store all my media cases in:

This is where all my movies go (times five of these)...

I put them all in my Middle Atlantic equipment rack (similar to this):

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I'm currently using three different kinds of shelves for my blurays/games/cds, and they're all super full. These are the ones I'm using:
Amazon.com: Atlantic Maxsteel 3020 432 CD/228 DVD/114 VHS/ 8-Tier Media Rack Black: Electronics
Amazon.com: Sauder Graham Hill Multimedia Storage Tower Autumn Maple: Office Products
Amazon.com: Prepac Oak Triple Width Wall Media (DVD,CD,Games) Storage Rack: Home & Kitchen

I'm thinking about replacing all my shelves with matching ones, and possibly adding wall mounted shelves because I've got plenty of wall space and nowhere near enough floor space :D

Anyway, what sort of shelving are yall using?
Check out cdracks.com I got a really nice storage unit from them. And is does not take up a lot of floor space.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
This is what I store all my media cases in:
http://static.www.odcdn.com/pictures/us/od/sk/lg/787653_sk_lg.jpg

This is where all my movies go (times five of these)...
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51L1ceBA3+L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I put them all in my Middle Atlantic equipment rack (similar to this):
http://www.personalnerd.com/images/products/middleat.JPG
Maybe I'll have a rack like that one of these days, but it's definitely not any time soon lol

Check out cdracks.com I got a really nice storage unit from them. And is does not take up a lot of floor space.
I'll check em out, thanks :)

I have one of those, and I'm already out of room D: Decent shelf though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis