Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
The new Wii mini is set to release Dec.7 for $99 in Canada, as for it's US release Nintendo hasn't said anything yet. (at the time of this post)

Here are a few pics of the Wii mini.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Weird. I've never even heard of this until now.

J

jdsimons2

Enthusiast
Whoa! Haven't even heard of this! Will it come with a Wii U style controller?

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
What's the point of this? The original Wii is already plenty small enough, and doesn't Nintendo want to sell more of the Wii U than original Wiis?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I read that even with the release of the Wii U, the original Wii sold just as many units this week; presumably due to sale pricing.

Not sure what the point of a "mini" is either; perhaps it will just be the new version of the standard Wii?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I looked into it a bit. While it is $99, it doesn't include a game like the normal Wii bundles. It also removes all gamecube support. Presumably a lot cheaper to manufacture and all that. I still enjoy playing gamecube games (or virtual console games using the gamecube controller), so it doesn't really interest me :) It might interest those who don't care about gamecube games or whatever though.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Current generation Wiis don't support gamecube already, so that's no real loss. This has become fairly standard for game consoles at end of life. It's not really going to cannibalize sales of the Wii U, and might convince someone new to finally buy one. As for the size, that probably has more to do with production costs than consumer desire.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Ah, I wasn't aware that they already removed GC support from the current gen of Wiis. I figured they wouldn't have it in the Wii U though.

Eldari

Eldari

Audiophyte
Modding

They are still great units for modding as well. Anything from Atari to ps1

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I've modded both of my Wii's, but even still I rarely play them. Glad to hear you can still mod the new ones too.

G

Grador

How would you mod a new one? They lack networking and an sd card slot

G

Grador

Oh I know it can, I soldered a modchip onto my original xbox, but u think it is easily worth the extra money for a non mini if you're going to mod.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Oh I know it can, I soldered a modchip onto my original xbox, but u think it is easily worth the extra money for a non mini if you're going to mod.
Fair enough. Guess it's silly to mod it when the fats should be pretty cheap by now (and take the SD card).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis