Halo 4 - The Best Halo Ever?

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Gaming websites are coming out with their reviews of this game and they have been raving. Rarely do you see (never?) a franchise peak after it's six release especially in the videogame industry but this is the impression I have been getting. However, the game developer this time around of Halo 4 is 343 Studios (previous developer of Halo was Bungie) and this is their first stab at a ground up release of Halo. Consensus among reviewers is that 343 Studios did an AMAZING job on this game and some even saying it is the pinnacle right now of the first person shooter genre.

I guess we have to wait and see. Comes out on Tuesday, Nov 6.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hey, you are going to be playing in SF next month :)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I have my preorder in, and Nov. 6th off, so I'll definitely be giving it a good once over when I get it.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Soooo many games nowadays are being touted as "Best game evar" or 9.5/10 in the preview/reviews. I'll wait for some real user feedback before I buy into Halo 4. I do hope they did well, I like the storyline/gameplay.

Steve

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm trying to decide between Black Ops 2 and Halo 4. Thoughts?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
If you have not watched Forward Unto Dawn you must. They are amazing webisodes. And if the game is anything like that it may be one of the all time best stories ever made.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Forward Unto Dawn was very good, wished they made more of them!

Steve

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
So far the campaign is pretty good, a little different than the previous three Halos and the graphics are nicely updated.

Steve

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Haven't started the campaign yet, but so far I'm liking the multiplayer.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Guys does Halo 4 use the same control layout as Halo 3 or is it more like the most recent Halo that changed everything up? I am on the fence about getting Halo 4 but not sure I want to deal with a new control layout again. I don't want to get beat even worse by friggin 11 y/o's.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Just a little different I think, been a while since I played 3/odst/reach, grenade selection is dpad l-r instead of LB. Ahhh, whatever it is/was, you'll pick it up quickly.

BTW, just finished the campaign and liked it, as well as the story ... won't ruin it for all of you though. :)

Steve

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Guys does Halo 4 use the same control layout as Halo 3 or is it more like the most recent Halo that changed everything up? I am on the fence about getting Halo 4 but not sure I want to deal with a new control layout again. I don't want to get beat even worse by friggin 11 y/o's.
Default Control Scheme

Main differences is grenade selection is now left/right on d-pad. Toggle crouch is default.

Halo 4 is a technical achievement. There are times playing the campaign where I say to myself this is like watching and playing in a Blu-ray movie. Have not touched spartan ops mode or multiplayer.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
The new controler layout threw me off for a minl. but just play it a while and you will get the hang of it. I use the recon layout, but I wish they let you map the controller however you wanted it. I just started the campaign last night, and was very impressed at the cut scene graphics, they look great.

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Game Setup

Gene- Just wondering, if you played a game like Halo, what would your audio setup be? I cannot imagine the sound you enjoy while playing.

AC

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Gene- Just wondering, if you played a game like Halo, what would your audio setup be? I cannot imagine the sound you enjoy while playing.

AC
A great sounds system makes games better. ;) I can verify that.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

AC
My Reference system consisting of the $50k Status Acoustics 8T speakers :) Funny enough since I got these speakers I haven't really been playing XBOX at all. I plan on it during the XMAS break...I hope.

hyghwayman

hyghwayman

Audioholic
yeah, have my preorder in, and Nov. 6th off, so I'll definitely be giving it a good once over when I get it.
Um, I don't like being the 1 to bring bad news but today is December fifth. November sex was like a month ago?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis