Best TV between $1000 and $1500

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I have returned 2 TVs to best buy. Started with an LG, nice picture but had motion issues I could never quite resolve. I was out of town alot during the time I had the LG, so maybe I didn't fully explore all the different settings. The broswer on LGs is great though. I now have a Sony HX750 46" nice picuture. No browser, it has widgets. Using the internet on the Sony is difficult to say the least. I could go with any size from 40''to 46". Wondering if I should keep the Sony or look at something else. Have not tried any Samsung models. Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks!

H

hjustin

Audioholic
What are your priorities? Picture quality or SmartTV features?

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I would have to say picture quality. Hopefully down the line I can get a blue ray player that has some sort of browser or smart features.

H

hjustin

Audioholic
I am extremely happy with my Panasonic plasma. Unfortunately I can't offer any empirical evidence as to why I prefer it to any other set that is available. Based on viewing experiences in the home of friends and family, I feel like my Panasonic offers a better picture.

My parents have a 40" Sony LCD. Picture is hard to judge because my dad keeps the tint heavy in the read.

A good friend has an Insignia 55" LCD that has a surprisingly good picture.

Another friend has a 55" Samsung plasma that has a picture I could be happy with.

I've also spent some time with Samsung and LG LCD sets (meh).

Again, this is strictly anecdotal nonsense. Get out there and look at a bunch of stuff. Take your favorite Blu-ray to a buddy's house and check out his set. You're getting ready to drop a fair sum of money on something you're going to be looking at every day. Don't shortchange yourself by not doing the legwork. Besides...it's fun! :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I recently got almost same set as Justin - 55st30. I got it for 980 plus shipping
Honesty after long research I am very happy with it. Previous had lg plasma.
Many people are happy with Samsung plasmas. Panasonic sets offer better black level while Samsung better color reproduction
Very unscientific ^^ :)

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
That's what I am finding out about this whole process. It is very un-scientific. I just want to be sure I am getting the best TV for my $. $1000 -$1500 is a fair amount of scratch for me :)

Thanks!

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Thanks to all who chimed in here. I settled on the Sony HX850. Got it for 1399. Amazing picture.

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
I would have to say picture quality. Hopefully down the line I can get a blue ray player that has some sort of browser or smart features.
Spoken like a true Audioholic.

I would look at Pannys, and Samsung. By far the market leaders in picture quality.

Panasonic p50u50 is a sweet tv. Its in my living room as we speak.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
That Panny you have looks sweet. There are some great deals out there on that TV too. Since I already pulled the trigger on the Sony HX850, I'm gonna stick with it. I think it has a really nice picture.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis