Does my sub sound like it blew?

C

Crazyboy

Audiophyte
Hi!

I barely used my polk audio subwoofer and now it sounds weird, i uploaded a video to youtube, can someone please tell me if it sounds blown and if it can be repaired..

Thx!

Polk Audio Sub - YouTube

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi!

I barely used my polk audio subwoofer and now it sounds weird, i uploaded a video to youtube, can someone please tell me if it sounds blown and if it can be repaired..

Thx!

Polk Audio Sub - YouTube
Yes, it's blown! The amp is unstable and oscillating. You need a new amp at least and with those severe cone excursions in your video, the driver may well be damaged also.

If it's under warranty return. If not under warranty I doubt it is worth the cost of repair, especially as you can do a lot better than Polk subs.

A

Archaea

Enthusiast
It's likely the amp. I had a jamo d7 sub, the amp died and it sounded like that. I thought it was the driver at first. a new driver didn't remedy anything. The new amp fixed the issue. You can find my youtube video of the Jamo d7 sub and compare the sound just search Dead Jamo D7 Subwoofer on youtube. I can't post the link - I'm too new here.

Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL

Junior Audioholic
my pb12nsd made this same ticking noise not as constant tough, But sounded kindy the same.
New amp will fix this, If the driver is't damaged that is.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis