Entertainment Center

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You know I mean business now. Done cut me a hole in the wall. :eek:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Looks like a knife sticking out of the wall (on the left)
Did Cheryl throw that at you?
:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I must have missed some previous conversations. :) How/why is the center going to go through the wall?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Dunno what that wall did to you, but i bet it won't do it again.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks like a knife sticking out of the wall (on the left)
Did Cheryl throw that at you?
:D
It was the warning shot.

I must have missed some previous conversations. :) How/why is the center going to go through the wall?
I don't want it sucking up all the space in an already smallish living room. I'll cut the studs and slide the whole unit through the hole ... I needed to know where the bottom plate (2"x4") sat elevation wise so that I could measure up from that.

I wasn't going to do this but it'll only take a minute. Here's the real hole.

Dunno what that wall did to you, but i bet it won't do it again.
I wanted to make all the other walls behave so this one had to take the hit.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
What's on the other side of wall? You will be able to just go around and hook it all up? I like that idea. I've always wanted to do a false-wall with a service chase, but don't have enough room in my current house.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
What's on the other side of wall? You will be able to just go around and hook it all up? I like that idea. I've always wanted to do a false-wall with a service chase, but don't have enough room in my current house.
On the other side of the wall is my living room. This is where the back of the entertainment center goes and it has a door on this side for access. This side is our spare room aka ManTown.

I gotta silicone the glass in the doors and get down to Eddie's to wrap things up.

Rick, where's the best place to get those speaker connector wall plate things?

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
PartsExpress or Monoprice. Monoprice seems to be about a $1 cheaper per plate and they appear to be identical to the ones I bought from PartsExpress.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
They also sell them on Amazon (I forget if you have Prime or not). I bought mine years ago from PartsExpress because Monoprice didn't have them, yet.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
On the other side of the wall is my living room. This is where the back of the entertainment center goes and it has a door on this side for access. This side is our spare room aka ManTown.

I gotta silicone the glass in the doors and get down to Eddie's to wrap things up.

That's cool. Im guessing you have another rig in ManTown? Or are you gonna do dual monitors, zone 2 etc? Either way, it's nice to have the option and have the back of everything with EZ access.

On mine, I have learned to become a contortionist if I need to change something. Headlamp on, and squeeze back there carefully.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
What will the final projection of cabinet into Mantown be? I am somewhat worried as I have yet to visit this mystical destination and already it is shrinking down in size :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
That's cool. Im guessing you have another rig in ManTown?
Yep ... it's gone through some changes too.

What will the final projection of cabinet into Mantown be?
Probably around 16". The wall sucks up around 4" and another 4" into the living room. Something like that anyway. I've got this 6"x6"x96" aluminum I-beam that I'm going to use to support the wall above the hole. I need to open up some wall on the other side to figure out exactly how that's to go in. Man ... what have I gotten myself into? :D

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Didn't see that, guess that was all going on before I joined the forum.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis