S

Shrader

Audioholic
Started converting the basement a couple months ago into a Bar/HT area. Room is 25' wide x 28' long, and has 7.5' ceilings. Started with just bare block walls, and doing ALL the work myself on the weekends, and whenever I have time. The brother in law is a huge help, as I am an ASE master tech, not a carpenter lol. Here are a few pics of the beginning of the build,

after water proofing the block, putting up 1 1/2 foam board, and some framing...

S

Shrader

Audioholic
A couple of the bar

more to come of the bathroom, built in a/v rack, and some wiring, waiting for upload.

S

Shrader

Audioholic
from the back of the room near the stairs...

front of the room a/v rack, and where the screen will be (110") don't know if you can see the blue tape? I have a ways to go roughing in the a/v rack, but it is 10' widex20" deep x 20 high, the front will be drywall on both ends, with a 32" x20" opening in the center with a divider shelf in the middle. The top is over at the neighbors (retires wood worker) it will be 3 pieces, left, right, and center, all hinged to open separately. The two ends for storage, and the middle for access to wiring.

S

Shrader

Audioholic
I have also been doing some shopping for audio equipment. The wife and I both decided on Klipsch, (amazing we agreed on something lol) listed to polk, best buy Icon, yamaha, jbl, and boston, ended up with the Klipsch rf 52ii floor standers, RC 52ii Center, and RS 42ii surround (only have one right now, shopping for another) for now, and will be building a css trio 12 for the sub duty (maybe 2 if needed). Also wired 3 different places for the sub, and put in wiring for 7.2, also on the lookout for a good buy on a Yamaha RX v571 for receiver duties.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Keep up the good work! Let me know when the bar is done...:)

S

Shrader

Audioholic
It has been really slow going, too much other crap going on all the time! I have a party planned for christmas, so it WILL be done by then. Trying my damnedest to not go to the bank for this one, just using left over beer money (I drink a lot of beer) week to week. lol And yes there has been quite a few "beers" drank at the bar already. Should be hanging some drywall this weekend!

S

Shrader

Audioholic
Worked a little on the basement over the weekend, got most of the drywall hung......

Still have the rear wall to insulate and drywall, going to get at that the next couple weeks. Then on sunday, I decided to build the CSS trio 12 apr15 sub box, did not get the kit yet, but downloaded the cut sheet and decided to get a head start......

One sheet of 3/4 MDF

the tool....

all the panels cut....

assembly......

rough finish, with round over.....

Now it is off to my buddies to get the piano black finish coat.

S

Shrader

Audioholic
Also on the sub, I decided to change the plans a little, and flush mount the PR and put a grill on it, the driver will be down firing, so stayed with a surface mount, total cost for the box was under $20! Instead of clamping or screwing we used a finish nailer to hold it together, figured there would be no waiting for the glue between steps, and less work filling screw holes for the finish.

Matt34

Matt34

Nice sub choice, please post your impressions when you get it all set up.

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
Op- ht room looking great!!

Just an FYI; I saw electronic expo selling the Yami 671 for like $370. Get that over the 571. I got a 671 and also the new 2012 373 for family room and both are very nice receivers.

S

Shrader

Audioholic
What are the main differences between the two? they look the same to me other than the price, and is the 671 a 2 zone? I have no need for that if it is. Price was/is the biggest factor in the decision.

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
What are the main differences between the two? they look the same to me other than the price, and is the 671 a 2 zone? I have no need for that if it is. Price was/is the biggest factor in the decision.
571 is not network receiver

The 671 is network and also zone II (which I do not use). Also the Yamaha app is awesome to control for the Ipad, Droid and Iphones. :)

Pandora is pretty sweet.

But you can always get a HTPC or AppleTV of such for network. :)

S

Shrader

Audioholic
Actually that is my brother in law in the pics, but yeah, I am a fan, don't miss many games. I am in northern Wisconsin, about 25 miles south of Rhinelander.

Should be making more progress the next couple weeks, as I finally have some free time.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I like it when people are building out an entire room and then they just take a break, grab a cold one and build a sub box...

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It looks like your brother in law big of Pawn Stars :) - me too

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis