7.2 to 9.2, almost done

W

Warmonger

Audioholic Intern
Just received my third pair of EMP surround sound speakers and plan to wall mount them on each side, above the TV. Over-the-top....perhaps, but the speakers look so good, the wife doesn't mind.

Attachments

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
I've heard really great things about those EMPteks. I gave "CalvinHobbes" a demo at my house because he wanted to hear my subs. He has those EMPteks that you have. He told me to come have a listen. I really should take him up on it. They have a nice finish on them. Very neutral sounding I've read. Don't play very low but hey that's what a sub/s for right? :)

Thanks for sharing!! Looks good man!!

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Nice setup.:)

As an owner of an AV7005 I do have one question/comment. The 7005 is a 7.1 prepro and even though you can add front height channels they cannot be used at the same time as the surround rears so there is no 9.1 available. Are you going to go into the setup every time you want to swap to use one set or the other?

W

Warmonger

Audioholic Intern
Nice setup.:)

As an owner of an AV7005 I do have one question/comment. The 7005 is a 7.1 prepro and even though you can add front height channels they cannot be used at the same time as the surround rears so there is no 9.1 available. Are you going to go into the setup every time you want to swap to use one set or the other?
Yeah, you're right. I have an old Phase Linear 4000 preamp I was going to use to split the from mains and front heights. But the old pre is too noisey. Wonder if Marantz will every put out a 9.1 Pre.

ONKYO just release a 9.1 preamp, the TX-NR5009. If the reviews are positive, I just my sell my Marantz. Will wait and see. I love the front heigts but hate giving up a pair of the rear speakers.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Yamaha RX-A3010!!!.....excellent 11.2 receiver with outstanding reviews. Just bypass the internal amps!!

I absolutely LOVE my RX-A2000, I don't use the internal amps either. I use it as a prepro.

H

hillbill

Audioholic
Impressive set up. Oh and "over the top"...What's that? ;)

W

Warmonger

Audioholic Intern
Front Height Speakers mounted

Warmonger's den moves along as the front height EMPtek E55WIs are finally mounted and PsychoMom remains happy in her lair with her own Panasonic TC-P65VT30 and Samsung 5.1 surround sound system.

Attachments

Last edited:
W

Warmonger

Audioholic Intern
9.2 wow that's a big systeam good front sound stage??
I actually looked up when the sound from a plane flew overhead in the movie. It was so realistic that it triggered a reflex reaction.

W

Warmonger

Audioholic Intern
I actually looked up when a plane flew overhead in the movie I was watching. It was so realistic that it triggered a reflex reaction.

Speculant

Speculant

Audioholic
That looks like a killer setup, but doesn't a subwoofer in a corner = bad news? That's what it looks like you have set up in the first pic.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Not necessarily, corner loading can be fine, it really depends on the room and also WAF. As long as he did a proper bass crawl and found that to be one of the good spots, or even if he didn't but is happy with how the bass sounds then it's just fine in the corner.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
I actually looked up when the sound from a plane flew overhead in the movie. It was so realistic that it triggered a reflex reaction.
Verey nice I'm currently running 7.1 and I think it's fantastic cant begin to emagen a 9.2

W

Warmonger

Audioholic Intern
Verey nice I'm currently running 7.1 and I think it's fantastic cant begin to emagen a 9.2
Upgraded to a pair of the EMP ES1010i subs. WAF appeal is amazing. I expected a little grief once she saw them. We're married 33 years and she has an opinion about everything I do. I usually ignore her anyway. But wow, her first comment was how great they looked. Now that blew me away.

No comments like "was that really necessary or don't sound any better to me". She'd be satisfied with a 1960s 8 transistor radio. Tin ear...know what I mean.

Anyways, I'm happy with the sound and she's happy because they look great.

Ahhhh! Life is good. Thanks EMP

Attachments

Last edited:
timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
CONGRADULATIONS!!! That's awesome & those look fantastic!!! As much as I absolutely LOVE my HSU subs I do have to admit that I wish they looked as sexy as those EMPs!

It's always great when the wife goes beyond excepting & actually appreciates one of our purchases !!!!

Your system looks really good, very clean & organized with perfect speaker placement!!! Now take your wife out for a nice evening so she starts to associate new audio equipment with a date night!!! It's a trick I learned when I was training my puppies...aahhaaahahah!!! LOL

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Upgraded to a pair of the EMP ES1010i subs. WAF appeal is amazing. I expected a little grief once she saw them. We're married 33 years and she has an opinion about everything I do. I usually ignore her anyway. But wow, her first comment was how great they looked. Now that blew me away.

No comments like "was that really necessary or don't sound any better to me". She'd be satisfied with a 1960s 8 transistor radio. Tin ear...know what I mean.

Anyways, I'm happy with the sound and she's happy because they look great.

Ahhhh! Life is good. Thanks EMP
Haha yes I have one of those to I ignore her as well, how does the 9.2 stand up against the 7.2

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I see a new gadget in that last picture. Which APC did you get? S15, S20 perhaps?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis