Modeled the Infinty Reference 1260W

jinjuku

jinjuku

This is an interesting sub for a whopping $56... Put this in with a 300 watt BASH amp for $120.

Figure about $220 for the entire shabang including port. ~108dB at 20Hz.

Attachments

Last edited:
Moutee

Moutee

Junior Audioholic
How does it compare to the 120.9W? Chris (WmAx) said that it was a direct replacement with equal, if not more potential than the Kappa Perfect 12vq.

jinjuku

jinjuku

How does it compare to the 120.9W? Chris (WmAx) said that it was a direct replacement with equal, if not more potential than the Kappa Perfect 12vq.
I would have to model it but I believe about 3 or so dB in favor of the 120.9w since it has more stroke.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I could see doing two of the 1262W (2 or 8 ohm). Wired for 2 ohm and an iNuke 1000DSP for $299.

$112 in drivers, $300 in amp/sub management via DSP. Another $60 in MDF. $6 in terminal cups, $20 in paint and $20 vinyl veneer.

So call it $520 and a day in the garage. There is nothing commercially touching this south of $1500 IMO.

M

mardelgo

Junior Audioholic
mmmm... very interested in building a pair of these:cool:... any posibilities to calculate the port dimensions with all the width of the box (easier to build...)

jinjuku

jinjuku

mmmm... very interested in building a pair of these:cool:... any posibilities to calculate the port dimensions with all the width of the box (easier to build...)

Not without making the port REALLY long.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Not without making the port REALLY long.
Speaking of port Jin, I have hard time understanding from the pdf spec how exactly port is implemented in your model. Could you provide a rough sketch ?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Speaking of port Jin, I have hard time understanding from the pdf spec how exactly port is implemented in your model. Could you provide a rough sketch ?
Fold the linear length however you wish. Much like the Kappa Perfect but shorter...

You just need the length down the half height point to come out to the indicated length. The attached is from Andrews Kappa Perfect. But not as long obviously. It would only wrap the bottom and the cabinet back.

Attachments

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Fold the linear length however you wish. Much like the Kappa Perfect but shorter...

You just need the length down the half height point to come out to the indicated length. The attached is from Andrews Kappa Perfect. But not as long obviously. It would only wrap the bottom and the cabinet back.
I see. gotcha. thx

M

mardelgo

Junior Audioholic
I have an oaudio 500w amp, what about 2 1262W (dual 4ohm), build two boxes and use 1 in each box, wired in series (4 ohm load) and power with 1 oaudio 500w amplifier? This way I can use the oaudio and also use the subs as a stands for my bookshelfs...:cool:

jinjuku

jinjuku

That would work.... You wouldn't be using them to their potential but if you already have the Amp it's a great way to get into a cost effective dual sub build.

C

crypto

Enthusiast
jinjuku,

Thanks for this. I'm interested in building two of these (but may go with the Kappa 120.9w). I have a couple questions.

1) If building two, what are the pros / cons of a single iNuke 1000DSP versus two 300 watt BASH amps?

2) Do you have a link to box build instructions?

3) I am pretty sure that I'm getting a Denon 3312. Will this amp EQ the sub efficiently or will I still need an SPL meter?

4) The Denon has two sub inputs. Would I just connect each sub to an input?

jinjuku

jinjuku

I would go with the Behringer. The DSP will allow for proper EQ to smooth out the frequency response.

If using the iNuke 1000DSP get the 1262 model of driver and wire for two ohms. This will let the iNuke drive it properly (I believe 2 Ohm at 350 watts RMS).

Much better solution than plate amps if speaker cable runs aren't a concern.

Moutee

Moutee

Junior Audioholic
Does this subwoofer work better in a sealed or ported box, or is it versatile enough to be used in both?

jinjuku

jinjuku

It will get loud in a 1.2-1.5 sealed cubic foot box. Just not as low.

C

crypto

Enthusiast
When pairing this up with the iNuke, what cables are needed to connect the amp to the sub and then the amp to the av?

jinjuku

jinjuku

From the sub-woofer output from AVR you will go RCA to XLR (male).

From amp to speaker you will use Speakon terminated cables. Just get something like the cable linked and cut it in half/length. This will give you the two needed cables.

Regular terminal cups on the sub is fine.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis