Opinion on Jbl ES250 sub.

S

SoCal626

Audioholic Intern
Hey all.
Happy early new year!. Yesterday i just ordered the jbl ES250 400 watt sub and i was wondering if this will be enough for home theater. I'll be upgrading from a small yamaha 8" which was horrible!,it was my brothers. I'll be using my new sub with a set of hsu speakers hb-1 mk2 which goes down to 60 hz region.
Did i pick a okay sub? and what are your opinions / thought it's not to late and i can cancel my order and pick another sub for more performance for the buck.

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
We don't know how you did without you telling us how much you paid and how big your room is.

S

SoCal626

Audioholic Intern
Wow,hit refresh and a quick response.
The sub was 350 on amazon this week,last week it was on sale for 345,plus free shipping. My bedroom is about 10x18x9 ft height. Hope that helps.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, I don't much about this specific sub, but few observations:
12" sub will almost always be better than any 8" "sub" (there are very few exceptions, but they are always very expensive and still not as good)

JBL is 12" 400W ported sub - $350 is ok price for it, however at this price point you also have few alternatives:
Cadence CX12 or CX15 - only very recently there were on sale for 299/399 with free shipping
BIC PL200 is right about 280-310

S

SoCal626

Audioholic Intern
boredsysadmin I almost got the bic pl-200 but didn't go down below 30hz,because some films do have content down there even though are ears can''t hear it.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'd not expect much below 30hz out of that sub, but I'm sure it will sound way better than what you had.

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
boredsysadmin I almost got the bic pl-200 but didn't go down below 30hz,because some films do have content down there even though are ears can''t hear it.
Doesn't go below 30hz, really? The specs for the BIC PL-200 say different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicamerica
Series PL-200 subwoofer. If you are looking for a top-tier subwoofer at an affordable price, we strongly suggest you audition the Acoustech PL-200. Like the Acoustech H-100 subwoofer, the PL-200 was engineered with the assisance of the highly regarded Hsu Research team. The PL-200 is a superb performer driven by an audiophile state-of-the-art BASH amplifier capable of delivering up to 1000-watts dynamic peak output. The PL-200 can move an impressive volume of air with exquisite control while delivering prodigious amounts of bass power for both music and theater applications. A sleek cabinet with hand-rubbed black lacquer top and bottom offers a deep gloss shine that is more scratch resistant than many lacquer finishes on the market. Like the BIC/Acoustech H-100, we guarantee the PL-200 will knock your socks off

Price (MSRP): $629 /Each (actual price, less than half that... shipped)
Design: Front-Firing 12" Long-Throw Powered Subwoofer with state-of-the-art BASH amplifier.
Additional Features: Adjustable Crossover, adjustable volume control, automatic signal sensing, high level inputs, and both Dolby Pro Logic & Dolby Digital/DTS inputs.
Frequency Response: 22Hz - 200Hz, adjustable crossover & volume controls.
Sensitivity: 110dB @ 30Hz
Drivers: Heavy Duty 12" poly-injected woofer with high power magnet and long excursion surround.
Magnetic Shielding: NO
Gold-Plated Terminals:YES
Recommended Power: Built-in State-of-the-Art BASH Amplifier - 1000 Watts Dynamic Peak Output, 250 Watts RMS Continuous.
Impedance: 8 ohms
Dimensions: 17 1/4"H x 14 3/4"W x 19 1/2"D
Weight: 52 lbs. Each
Warranty: Extended 8 Years Parts & Labor on Driver, 2 Years on Amp & Associated Electronics.

S

SoCal626

Audioholic Intern
Oh wow,thanks for the heads up,so it does!. I don't know now,maybe i should ge the pl-200.. But they shipped it out already just checked my tracking,i guess i always can return it to amazon before 30 days. :)

S

SoCal626

Audioholic Intern
Got my new sub on tuesday!. Here's a pick of the hsu speaker system with a jbl ES250p 12". Let me tell you that this thing is "huge" to my eyes,but i'm glad i have it and i watched another transformers movie this time it was part 3.
This thing sure rattle my pictures at high volume but i think it's to much for my 10x18 bedroom. :eek: But i have a issue,when i have my door open i loose some bass and when i have it close the bass is back in the room. Not sure if it's leaking out the door when it's open or what but it's kinda annoying. But i'm loving it :D.I still have 30 days to return the sub i may have to listen to it more and more and i also let break in all day tuesday night at moderate levels.
The sub doesn't sound as boomy i thought it was,sounds tight and clean to my ears.

Attachments

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis