TXTing while driving...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Yet many spill their personal info, locations, vacation plans, and pictures on Facebook Ad nauseam.
I wondered why you didn't share more. I'm forced to rifle through Marie's page to find a decent picture of you in a suit. It wouldn't kill you to put on a tie, ya know. I wish you would learn to open up a little more. :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I wondered why you didn't share more. I'm forced to rifle through Marie's page to find a decent picture of you in a suit. It wouldn't kill you to put on a tie, ya know. I wish you would learn to open up a little more. :D
I'm starting to....I'm not wearing underwear in any of those pictures.

:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It wouldn't kill you to put on a tie, ya know.
How quickly you forget the last Twister tournament. One errant reach for yellow (or anything else, ahem), and a tie could lead to a horrible accident.

I wish you would learn to open up a little more. :D
Nice - you can seem all caring while actually complimenting yourself. :D

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Well at least this intelligent thread made it 4 pages before the three muskaqueers decided to discuss fashion, fetish, and family games. Goody.

I have to admit, I feel invincible at times and will text and drive if nobody is around me... Its mostly rural driving nowadays and only my life and mailboxes at stake. I do watch my speed, and don't drive if I've had much to drink. These areas are fairly heavily patrolled and I ain't lookin to find trouble with the fuzz. If it were illegal here, I would definitely not do it.

I say make it illegal, and let the punishment fit the crime. My buddy is out of pocket about 6 grand for a recent DUI. IF texting and driving is as dangerous, or more, make the fines and penalties reflect it.

I HATE big government, but this just makes sense. Its illegal to have a DVD player in the front of your car in sight... definitely something interactive should have some limits. Matter of time I hope.

EDIT: NTTAWWT

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
I say make it illegal, and let the punishment fit the crime. My buddy is out of pocket about 6 grand for a recent DUI. IF texting and driving is as dangerous, or more, make the fines and penalties reflect it.

I HATE big government, but this just makes sense. Its illegal to have a DVD player in the front of your car in sight... definitely something interactive should have some limits. Matter of time I hope.
I agree with this guy.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Well at least this intelligent thread made it 4 pages before the three muskaqueers decided to discuss fashion, fetish, and family games. Goody.

EDIT: NTTAWWT
"Don't be jealous that we've been chatting online with babes all day."

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I support it too, with a big + to a texting ban.
As for where to draw the line (as far as distraction) and why they chose the cell phone.
It's because that piece of technology leaves a paper trail. It's an easy, provable way to implicate the distracted driver.

We humans always ruin a good thing; it's been that way since the beginning.
There is an old saying, "Hoist with his own petard." A line from Hamlet, it's actual meaning is "cause the bomb maker to be blown up with his own bomb"
We are a strange bunch. On one hand we complain that security cameras are an invasion of privacy and that it's an example of 'Big Brother' watching.
Yet many spill their personal info, locations, vacation plans, and pictures on Facebook Ad nauseam.
Yeah, I guess you're right. There are all kinds of stupid things that drivers do that cause accidents. But, DUI and cell phone use are probably the only cases where objective evidence would be available. Of course, you could always use your cell phone camera to catch another driver doing something wrong. Er, maybe not....:D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
The thing is you have to ban stupidity for this to work... it's not allowed around here to talk in the phone (without handsfree) while driving and txt'ing while driving is strictly prohibited but people still do this... and accidents happen because of this... police is negligent as to this... as to most other things too...
So the only way is to ban stupidity, probably..... (Or make the police do their job, but I guess this is not gonna happen anytime soon......)

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
If the government and the states does anything worth while the banning of texting on a cell phone would be my number one choice. Case in point, 32 year women while texting run into my car last week. It' also cost her a broken leg... besides paying to have my car repaired. The women told the police that her kid had texted her and she felt she had to respond. :mad: Stupid people are everywhere

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Well if police could take away drivers license for a few years for this offence it would probably quickly come to an end.... it's incredibly dangerous

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
Well if police could take away drivers license for a few years for this offence it would probably quickly come to an end.... it's incredibly dangerous
Yeah, just like DUI. People will do what they want, when they want to.

Example, (and yes I know this is apples and oranges) in Texas, you murder someone, especially a cop, its 10X more likely you're going to get the death penalty than in any other state. Yet, people still do it. Why? Because people just don't GAF.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If the government and the states does anything worth while the banning of texting on a cell phone would be my number one choice. Case in point, 32 year women while texting run into my car last week. It' also cost her a broken leg...
Dude, you didn't have to break her leg. :rolleyes:

I'm sure a stern 'talking to ' would have sufficed. :D

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Back to the topic, I take offense to calling these people "stupid". Ignorant yes, but to blanket traffic texters with "stupid" is a little harsh. While frowned upon, its not illegal. While irresponsible, they're not technically doing anything wrong.

There are days when the only times I get to sit down are in my car and on the throne. Fortunately I haven't confused those lately. Its a fast paced society and for some they feel like its their best opportunity. Its a phenomenon driven by the demands of our society. Ban it.

If the fines and penalties are steep enough, people will stop. With the economic conditions, municipalities would be CRAZY not to enforce and rake the dollars in. People do it cause they can- not being able to text is a MINOR inconvenience compared to finding a cab to haul your drunk a$$ home after a night of drinking and I see that all the time.

Most importantly, a ban on something like this would be a huge wake up to the general public on how dangerous it is. I don't drink and drive for two reasons... the legal consequences and its just not safe.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis