Top 25 Audiophile Speakers of all time!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, my old DefTech BP7000 is no.19.:D

I keep on saying this, but I regret selling them.:D

My Salon2 is no.11.:D

That's it, man, I'm buying myself the Wilson Audio speakers if it's the last thing I do.:eek:

I think the PSB Synchrony One and KEF 207/2, Blade, & Muon should be in there somewhere.:D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Gotta hand it to Jerry, he created a list of companies he wanted to solicit advertising from and sent each of them awards for making their top 25 list. Their is no objective parameters to their ratings for their list but it sure looks impressive scrolling on their website. :D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I think the PSB Synchrony One and KEF 207/2, Blade, & Muon should be in there somewhere.:D
I thought they had the Sync one No.30. The S8 did quite well but I think those kind of surveys are waste of time.

D

Docks

Audioholic
Yeah I kind of expected the PSBs to be a bit higher, along with the vandersteen model 5 and 7's.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I thought they had the Sync one No.30. The S8 did quite well but I think those kind of surveys are waste of time.
Oh, I thought it was just the top 25 speakers that advertised with them.:D

But seriously though, I'm listening to The Last of The Mohicans Soundtrack - The Kiss on my Salon2/ Denon AVP-A1HDCI using my Xoom Android tablet as the DNLA controller as I am typing this at the same time:D, and it sounds so damn good. :D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh, I thought it was just the top 25 speakers that advertised with them.:D

But seriously though, I'm listening to The Last of The Mohicans Soundtrack - The Kiss on my Salon2/ Denon AVP-A1HDCI using my Xoom Android tablet as the DNLA controller as I am typing this at the same time:D, and it sounds so damn good. :D
Thanks for mentioning the Xoom. I have one but have not used it much, now when I do I know who to PM with questions, e.g. how to network it with my desk/laptops?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I would add it just for the look.:D But seriously, that list is based on some general survey so it does not mean much to me whether the speaker gets listed or not. Obviously it still feels good to have the speakers you own listed though.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Just more PR hype for speakers and personal opinions by a few by Audiophile.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Where are my Mach 2's?! It's like those people never heard of Radio Shack.

:D

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Why does it (almost) always seem that once you get above a certain level/ price range more and more gets put into the aesthetics?

I personally would gladly sacrifice aesthetics for sound performance, though I'm sure for some buying speakers like this it's more about status than sound.

Steve

P.S. While I find a list like this entertaining, it has as much bearing on my speaker purchases as a list of the top 25 favorite colors. :)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
If only they mentioned how they measured "Performance" :D

Based on five weighted categories to judge speakers including:
Performance 100 total points max
Longevity/Relevance 25 points max
Value 25 points max
Aesthetics 25 points max
Lust Factor 25 points max

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
Wow, my old DefTech BP7000 is no.19.:D

I keep on saying this, but I regret selling them.:D

My Salon2 is no.11.:D

That's it, man, I'm buying myself the Wilson Audio speakers if it's the last thing I do.:eek:

and Paradigm Signature S8 are No. 7!!:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for mentioning the Xoom. I have one but have not used it much, now when I do I know who to PM with questions, e.g. how to network it with my desk/laptops?
I use Skifta Android software - free and easy.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would add it just for the look.:D But seriously, that list is based on some general survey so it does not mean much to me whether the speaker gets listed or not. Obviously it still feels good to have the speakers you own listed though.
Just more PR hype for speakers and personal opinions by a few by Audiophile.
The important thing is that my old DefTech BP7000 speakers were ranked no.19.:eek:

DenPureSound should get some DefTech BP7000. He could get them for only $3,000/pr new. Yet, one of the best speakers in the world.:eek:

Even better than the $15000 RBH T30 and $5000 PSB Synchrony One.:eek::D

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
thanks.. I will look into Def. Tech 7000's also. ;)

Where are the Def. Techs BP7000SC at $3K per Pair at?

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis