Finished Setup... For Now

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
As a lot of you have seen, I come on here time to time asking for help. So here's what probably 95% of your help and my 5% of my stupidity have led me to.

Went from...
Onkyo HT-RC160
Sony SS-F6000's, CN5000
SS-B3000's
Yamaha NS-A636's
Dual Dayton Sub-120's

To...
Onkyo TX-NR809
KEF Q900's, Q600C
Mirage OMD-5's
(Dual Rythmik FV15HP's in processing)
Wharfedale EVO2-40's (not pictured)
Optoma HD20

Was...

Now I have... and will be adding two Rythmik FV15HP's once they get their supply of amps shipped in.

And my baby throwing onto my neighbor's house.:D
Doesn't show up as well here as it does when you're there, but you get the idea!

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
HUGE upgrade. Very nice :)
Thanks! I'm upgrading slowly but surely. Everytime I buy something new I get hounded by parents for buying speakers rather than putting it towards school. Who needs school:rolleyes:

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Great upgrades! I doubt you miss the Sony speakers at all.

Great way to get to know your neighbors too.

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Great upgrades! I doubt you miss the Sony speakers at all.

Great way to get to know your neighbors too.

I don't have a subwoofer at all and the neighbors on one side say it rattles their wine rack, and have let me/my landlord know several times. Just wait til I get my dual FV15HP's :D

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
New toys...

So I got some boxes yesterday....

With some of these in them

I picked up them T2's from Audiogon and set them up as the L/R. I kept my KEF Q600C as the center. The Q900's are now my surrounds and the Mirage OMD-5's are my front high's on top of the T2's. Absolutely love em so far, just waiting for the neighbors to leave so I can kick up the subs :cool:

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Wow! Even nicer upgrades. I think you need to upgrade the room now, or at least rearrange :D

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Wow! Even nicer upgrades. I think you need to upgrade the room now, or at least rearrange :D
Challenge accepted.

Put everything against the back wall instead of a corner system, was a squeeze but I managed to fit everything back into place before my roommate comes back home.

Also got our first snowfall of the year! I took a timelapse last night using my new GoPro camera... 11 9 - YouTube

And a picture from this morning...
Nice being back in Michigan after spending a year in Georgia. Winter is such a nice season!

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
FINALLY. Ordered these back in Sept, just got their amp supplier up to speed and they are expediting all orders and I was #2 on the list :D. Anyway, here are my new toys, too bad I won't be back to school for 3 weeks so I have nothing to hook them up to as my mom and dad both have a Bose system...:rolleyes:

Hooked them up to my MP3 player with a 3.5mm to rca jack... But that just doesn't quite work as well as you'd hope ;)

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Audiogon huh? Does everything seem legit? The money savings are nice, but RBH states over and over that they do not sell online, and no warranty will be offered.

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Yeah they work great, sound great as well. I cannot turn on my subs though as my neighbors get all unhappy... So I doubt I'll be taking my new Rythmik's up there.

Anyway, after hooking up the subs, one turned out to be shot. The driver just sounds horrible and when you push on it by hand, it sounds like sand paper. Gave Ascend a call and Dina, the woman I've been talking to this whole time, referred my info to Rythmik's support who promptly gave me a phone call as well. After speaking with them for a bit and explaining the issue, they're going to ship me a new driver tomorrow morning and it'll be here early next week. Too bad I'm going on vacation to Banff the day after Christmas and won't be here when it arrives :(.

Needless to say, I'm very pleased with Ascend's/Rythmik's customer support so far.

T

thaisbeats

Enthusiast
for such a little room 4 massive tower speakers 2 big surrounds and 2 monster subs dont you think that thats overkill shatter the walls you would
but i like.......

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
thats some pretty impressive equipment you've got there! Now all that's left to do is move to a place without neighbors :D

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
I'm actually not even going to take the Rythmik's to my apartment at school because of the neighbor issues. I hardly ever turn the amps to the RBH subs because of them...

Anyway, I'll get my own place once I'm out of school and have a job. Hopefully I'll be able to afford a dedicated room also... That'd be nice..:rolleyes:

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Not quite my system but...

So I go to Michigan Tech, which if anyone knows anything about it whatsoever, they know about Winter Carnival (and lack of women, it's an engineering school...). At any rate, whether you know about it or not, it's just a huge winter party where big snow statues are built for a month and it comes down to one night where it's a massive party on campus all night, called the All Nighter... :rolleyes:

One of the enterprises always makes this massive speaker "box" out of snow and inlays a bunch of drivers, so I took a picture of this year's. Figured you guys might get a kick out of it.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Bunch of guys + an icebox-boombox = vienna sausage party!! I'll pass :) haha

Thanks for sharing the pic. I sure hope those are some ladies dancing...for your sake! :)

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
:eek::eek::eek: If my jaw dropped any further, it would be in the basement.

That's not an "upgrade"! Now that's coming close to Gene's previous Reference setup! Be sure to ask him for tips on getting things dialed in.

And, where are the room treatments? No point having great speakers in a not great room.

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
My new additions. Only brought my receiver, BDP, and E5's to my apartment over summer. Just got the E41's sitting on top of the E5's though. Currently just sitting there because I do not have a cable to output sound from my laptop to them! :( Once that comes in, I'll run them as little computer speakers. As for now, they'll get some time in as mains though and I don't mind that :)

Cables are hanging because they're up so high, just ignore them :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis