its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
New topic since the last one had some screwed up images in the first post. It hasn't really changed much since last time though.

A few slightly older pictures showing the rest of the room + media

Movies/Consoles:
Sharp LC-46D85U
Yamaha RX-V667
Denon POA-2400A
Energy RC-50
Energy RC-LCR
Energy CB-5 (on Sanus BF-24 stands)
Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX (on Auralex Gramma)
PS3 & Wii - a friend is borrowing my 360
APC UPS

Computer:
Sharp LC-40LE700UN
Yamaha RX-V795
Energy RC-10 (on Auralex Mopads)
Orb Audio Super 8
Computer that I infrequently upgrade
APC UPS

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Looks great. I'd never leave my room if it was like yours.

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
It does look great. I really like the box holding up the receiver; that way you never have to look for it when you need that dang box. :D

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Looks great. I'd never leave my room if it was like yours.
Haha, thanks. That's pretty much how it is for me. I don't use the rest of the house at all except for the kitchen and laundry room :)

It does look great. I really like the box holding up the receiver; that way you never have to look for it when you need that dang box. :D
It is pretty handy, but I plan on getting a proper stand or shelf for that eventually :D

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
Nice setup. What size TV is that?....and does it vibrate any sitting on top of the center speaker?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Nice set-ups, Phillip!

That's a sweet stand right there. I looked at those, too, but I kinda made up my mind to stick with my stand and get a wall mount for my TV (on the off chance that I might actually get around to installing it). Have you considered a wall mount? You can get them for much less than the price of that stand - the reviews for the ones at Monoprice are pretty good. In fact, their daily deal today is for a wall mount that will fit that TV for $14 - with an average five-star rating after 250+ reviews. Based on your picture, though, I think that you might want one that extends out from the wall a bit (which the daily deal doesn't do).

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks. I've looked at the wallmounts on monoprice, but I actually don't want to mount it. Every once in awhile I rearrange the room, and I don't want to deal with remounting and all that stuff.

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
I have that same Z-Line stand with a 42" plasma in the guest bedroom. It is nice and very sturdy. I think you'll like it. I was going to use a wall mount but you know how the women like to move furniture around!

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Nice room Phillip. It must be nice to have everything a man needs so close. Is your computer linked to the main system at all?

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Is that Robert Jordan on your bookshelf?

Funny how that was the first thing I saw...lol :D

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Nice room Phillip. It must be nice to have everything a man needs so close. Is your computer linked to the main system at all?
Thanks :) I use ps3mediaserver at times, but would rather have a true HTPC or even just a wdtv live or something.

Is that Robert Jordan on your bookshelf?

Funny how that was the first thing I saw...lol :D
Yes. I haven't actually gotten around to reading any of the wheel of time series yet. I will one day :D

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Nice looking setup. I would have a hard time leaving that room too, except to get food.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja

Some small changes to come - today I finally managed to sell my computer tv. Ordered a Dell U2412 to replace it. Also ordered a Corsair 650D because I hate the cramped quarters of the Antec 1200. I will probably end up using the 1200 for a fileserver build later though.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Congrats! What was it about the TV that you didn't like in regards to using it as a monitor? Sorry if I'm asking you to repeat yourself.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Well, I did have to sit fairly far back (~4.5 ft?) from it because of how large and low resolution it was (1080p). The new monitor is 1920x1200 in a much smaller package so it's much sharper. I had a similar monitor before, but it was a crappy TN panel vs this one being IPS. I had some motionblur when playing CS (particularly on dark maps), which bothered the hell out of me. It was great for movies & tv shows of course.

I actually wanted a single larger, higher resolution screen, but I got an ok deal on the U2412M. I can always buy two more later and still spend less than I would have on a U3011 or something. If the tv was higher resolution (4K or whatever) I would have stuck with it though :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I've contemplated getting a TV set for my computer room from time to time (to serve double duty), but I was leary of the lower ppi. I hadn't thought about how far back I'd have to sit. I'm glad that you mentioned that.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah. I mean it's nice and all (for movies/video), but as a general thing I would prefer more resolution/ppi.

Anyway, this is not part of my ht, but it is me - shot a couple pistols and rifles for the first time today :D

first was a crap 9mm (I didn't even bother to check what it was, but it constantly jammed)
next was a 9mm Springfield XD (awesome, very accurate)
then a Ruger rifle in .22LR (meh)
another Ruger, but a target pistol also in .22 LR (fun)
last was the AK-47 in 7.62x39mm. I did poorly with that, but it was fun. My hearing protection was getting in the way of holding the rifle properly so that was kind of annoying though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis