Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Hmmmmm

Just noticed that the Internet Explorer team is quite loving :p

Before they sent a cake to the Firefox team for each new release....
But now the Firefox team updated their release schedule to be so frequent that it's getting out of hand so now they send a muffin for each new release :D

Not so much to share anymore inbetween a great number of developers :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just preordered the Kindle Fire. Down with Crapple!!!! :D
Congrats! I'm going to look into that a bit more. I looked at it very briefly at work today, but I want to read up on the features. Looks pretty cool.

Apple hater. :p

majorloser

majorloser

Back to the boring....

Taking off work to get the fifth wheel hitch installed in my truck tomorrow. Next week is the Line-X bed liner and the week after that is the Firestone R4Tech rear suspension system.

It's only money (or plastic). :(

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Congrats! I'm going to look into that a bit more. I looked at it very briefly at work today, but I want to read up on the features. Looks pretty cool.

Apple hater. :p
It's not very featurey as far as hardware goes, but they were more going for the services that go along with it. For $200 bucks, I am in. It is going to be handy for looking up things online and whatnot from the couch, garage, kitchen, etc.

I am an avid supporter of Amazon. They have a lovely jab in Crapple's direction - basically the whole first paragraph of the letter on their home page. Brilliant! :D

VERY GOOD !!!!

I would promote mostly anything that doesn't not have an apple... or sony logo

When will you get it?
I should get it November 17. I didn't want to pay an extra $4 to get it November 16. :)

(Down with Sony, too!)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Taking off work to get the fifth wheel hitch installed in my truck tomorrow. Next week is the Line-X bed liner and the week after that is the Firestone R4Tech rear suspension system.

It's only money (or plastic). :(
A friend of mine just got himself a truck and a trailer, not quite as nice as what you're getting but he feels like enjoying that is more important than being flush at 60 if he makes it to 60. I take it these trailers are somehow better than motels? :p

Anyone couldn't pay me enough to have any Apple products :p
It's good that you stated that up front because there was this group of people lining up to give you money to use Apple products. Now they don't have to waste their time. I just wanted to take this opportunity to state for the record that I will do pretty much anything for money. Tell me how much you want to spend and I'll tell you what I'm willing to do. :eek: :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
It's good that you stated that up front because there was this group of people lining up to give you money to use Apple products. Now they don't have to waste their time. I just wanted to take this opportunity to state for the record that I will do pretty much anything for money. Tell me how much you want to spend and I'll tell you what I'm willing to do. :eek: :D
LOL :D :D :D

Move to Norway :D
I will give you one dollar :p

I do also have a personal Sony boycott, they beg me to stop this and offer me millions of dollars to end this, but I'm rock-solid on this issue, never changing my position :p

strube

strube

My cooler is all sorts of effed up. Boo! :mad:

Of course this couldn't have waited a few weeks for it to get out of the 100 degree regions.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Based on Consumer Reports I want to buy Hankook Optimo H727 195/65 R15 tires for the fofo. A place across the road will do the price match thing from on line sources. I need to find the cheapest source and print the ad.

EDIT: This is the best I could find w/ free shipping.
I'm waiting for Adam to show me that Amazon will do it for 12 bucks a tire. :)

I don't have to worry about who's bodily fluids are all over the bed and linens.
Oh yeah ... I'm reminded of the UV flashlight quest. I try not to think about that stuff and I'm pretty successful at it ... that is until people start talking about body fluids and UV flashlights. Thanks for that. :rolleyes: :D

My cooler is all sorts of effed up. Boo! :mad:

Of course this couldn't have waited a few weeks for it to get out of the 100 degree regions.
Cooler? Is that what you call a fridge? I can't believe it's still 100 degrees anywhere. We're expected to dip into the mid 60's any day now.

Last edited:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Based on Consumer Reports I want to buy Hankook Optimo H727 195/65 R15 tires for the fofo. A place across the road will do the price match thing from on line sources. I need to find the cheapest source and print the ad.

I'm waiting for Adam to show me that Amazon will do it for 12 bucks a tire. :)

Oh yeah ... I'm reminded of the UV flashlight quest. I try not to think about that stuff and I'm pretty successful at it ... that is until people start talking about body fluids and UV flashlights. Thanks for that. :rolleyes: :D

Cooler? Is that what you call a fridge? I can't believe it's still 100 degrees anywhere. We're expected to dip into the mid 60's any day now.
Best prices for tires I've found.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=0&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2012&autoModel=Focus+Sedan&autoModClar=S&width=195/&ratio=65&diameter=15&sortCode=38050&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=S&minLoadRating=S&tab=All

I recommend you look at the Kuhmo Ectsa ASX line they are normally the best quality in the budget range. They have incredible traction and are great for people who like to drive fast. :D If you get Hankook only get the H727 line it looks like a fantastic tire while the others have really poor ratings.

The H727 is a touring tire while the ASX is more of a performance tire.

Tirerack.com will ship to the tire place. But if you can get them to match the price then even better. Mounting should come out to around 80-120 depending on the place.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Mounting should come out to around 80-120 depending on the place.
Thanks for narrowing that down for me. Somewhere in between $320 and $480. :rolleyes:
You sure left a lot of wiggle room there. :D

Anyway I don't drive like the car is an extension of my ****. The traction rating that is most important to me is snow traction. For that CR said it was better than the other all season offerings so that's good enough for me.

I had a couple of sets of performance tires already and am not interested in that anymore. It's a Focus. I know what that means. It means it's not a Ferrari.

plus there's a 50 dollar rebate on h727

strube

strube

Nay, normally I call refrigerators fridges too. It's not like I am Canadian or something. :rolleyes:;)

The cooler I was referring to is a swamp cooler. They use it in lands of crappy dry-hotness in place of an AC because they are far easier on the electrical bill. I wish I had both, but putting in an AC is pretty spendy these days.

It has been low 100's for the last week, and should be around there/high 90's for the next couple weeks before things start to cool off. I hate it, but it was where the jobs were.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Based on Consumer Reports I want to buy Hankook Optimo H727 195/65 R15 tires for the fofo.

Not many tires can withstand the G-forces developed by the fofo.:cool:

We did all the electrical work in their Huge NJ warehouse a few years ago.
Put in over 100 Metal-halide ceiling lights. Being up on swaying 40-ft lift all
day, was like getting off of a boat and being on dry land again.:D
Did work in his house too. They were getting shocked when the used the kitchen sink.:eek::D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for narrowing that down for me. Somewhere in between $320 and $480. :rolleyes:
You sure left a lot of wiggle room there. :D

Anyway I don't drive like the car is an extension of my ****. The traction rating that is most important to me is snow traction. For that CR said it was better than the other all season offerings so that's good enough for me.

I had a couple of sets of performance tires already and am not interested in that anymore. It's a Focus. I know what that means. It means it's not a Ferrari.

plus there's a 50 dollar rebate on h727
It's around 80 total mount usually usually 20 a tire and around 5 dollars more each if you have a tire pressure sensor. I have no idea bout taxes up there or if you have a Tire pressure sensor. The h727 is a good tire from what I've read. A 50 dollar rebate would have me buying. If you have two sets of tires you might consider a winter tire. I'd not do it cause I'm too lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis