Audiophile's Home Theater in India

G

GClauser

Audioholics Content Partner
When this homeowner was building his dream house, he knew he wanted a great sounding home theater, with extra emphasis on sound. Having heard the theaters of several friends, he knew he wanted something with a unique aesthetic. While budget wasn’t a major factor, size was. In a room only 15-by 23-feet, he wanted to place six comfy seats and a screen that filled most of the wall.

The client contracted with Jignesh Khatiwala of Absolute Sound! after being impressed with the sound of the company’s listening room.

Transforming bare walls to reference theater came with a few challenges. The room initially had a window and a second door, both of which needed to be removed for acoustic purposes. Because he custom designed the room with a CAD system, Khatiwala couldn’t use pre-fabricated acoustic products, so he decided to engineer his own treatments to quiet down what was a very bright room with bass problems. “Generally, in a small room bass management is an issue, and I wanted very tight and smooth bass in every seat,” explains Khatiwala. He adds that the Velodyne DD series subwoofers he installed were big problem solvers because they include parametric equalizer and room correction software. The room includes two of the DD-18 subwoofers. To get a reading on how the room performed he tested it with a GoldLine TEF dual-channel analyzer with EZTUNE software and four microphones.

Read the complete article with more pictures here in Electronic House.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Looks great...the treatments are visually appealing as well.

G

GClauser

Audioholics Content Partner
and he built them all by hand because he told me pre-fab acoustic systems are very hard to find in India

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I really like the look of that room. Having the acoustic panels look like artwork is very cool idea. I may have to steal that idea.;)

X000

Audiophyte
Looks Great...I was searching for the right amp and acoustic given my circumstances and this might be perfect.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks great the treatments work really well
I don't know should I red flag yet another useless post or thank the troll for digging up this antique thread and I get a fresh thanks :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis