A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Witness an Audioholic world where surround sound is important. Important enough to make or break a relationship. In this Audioholic world, if you aren't rocking dual subwoofers, huge speakers, and a dedicated home theater, you aren't worth much. It's a speaker-eat-speaker world where you'd rather have a picture in your wallet of your room's frequency response than of your kids. Where the first question on the SAT is "Who designed the first MTM speaker?" Where children are sent to orphanages for pushing in dust caps. It's a place where the quality of a man is not judged on his job or car but how much air their subs can push. By how much power their home theater's pull. By having all the latest gear. It's a harsh world where poor sound is not tolerated and wedding rings are eschewed for exchanging amplifiers. The following video is a story from that world. While it may seem strange and terrifying to us, to them, it is an Audioholic life.

Discuss "The Audio Breakup" here. Read the article.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If I didn't know better I would think that Tom is a woman and he just threw his husband out. :D

I really loved the clip and am formally requesting weekly installments. :)

AccessGuy

AccessGuy

Audioholic Intern
What happened to the WAF?

We'll have to create a new acronymn, say the "WDF" = Wife Demand Factor, since it now appears that women are no longer behind men in the world of audio fidelity. Did I just say fidelity? Uh oh.

If you guys like it enough to want a weekly shorter installment, post here and let us know. Only by extreme demand will we provide it... takes lots of work to generate.

R

RMRM

Audioholic Intern
yes please that is just way too funny more would be great:D

Frans

Frans

Junior Audioholic
The WAF is overrated and should be ignored. Us men let them have their shiny thingies and tingly bits too.

Anyway, that's completely besides the point I'm really trying to make. Who needs a wife if you got a power amp and a pair of Electroacoustic transducers?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
This is great. :D Where do I find such a woman;) But, she also has to have a nymph quality too.

Kennydee

Kennydee

Junior Audioholic
Absolute winner!

... yes, I would enjoy weekly installments. Please do!!!!

My wife and I had quite an argument when I was building our (MY) HT room. It ended by her granting me "Carte Blanche" for all electronic components and layout. Man was she ever raging mad when she saw what I spent LOL!!!!!
But hey! she loves it dearly and loves to show it off now so it was all worth it in the end.

Keep up the good work Audioholics.

F

FirstReflection

AV Rant Co-Host
Dude, she didn't even BEGIN to mention room treatments, soundproofing or decoupling. I'm pretty certain that weekly installments are a MUST.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
In that world I would be like a God ... making my own RCA cables ... BJC locking banana plugs ... one of only 2 people alive to have met WmAx (outside of his parents) :D

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

That's great! I wonder if she has a sister! One that's, er, real and stuff!:D

Last edited:
T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
That was fricken great. :D Wanting another "episode" of that is a close second to seeing the subwoofer shootout article. Even if it was biweekly or once per month, I'd love to see more.

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic
I showed this to my wife and she LOVED it! The great part was she got every issue that was brought up. Her favorite line was "Oh honey, they would eat you alive."

Would love to see this again. Maybe a monthly installment? I've used that program myself and it can be time consuming.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Maybe a monthly installment?
We're going in the wrong direction here. I'd like to see one of these clips twice a day and I'd like them to be four times as long. Getting through an entire review on a piece of gear is like a homework assignment but these clips are like Sesame Street for A/V with an adult theme in an alternate reality. This is better than The Simpsons.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis