S

steevo

Enthusiast
Well I finally got banned by the idiots at whathifi forum, for arguing with a guy that cable directionality did not exist. The editors are clueless idiots. They even review fibre optic cables for god sake and use words ynamics, muscle, focus, timing, detail, balance, emotion, expression, agility, refined, resolution, clarity, neutral, lively, verve, poise what nonsense. Why cant the U.K have a magazine and site like Audioholics.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well I finally got banned by the idiots at whathifi forum, for arguing with a guy that cable directionality did not exist. The editors are clueless idiots. They even review fibre optic cables for god sake and use words ynamics, muscle, focus, timing, detail, balance, emotion, expression, agility, refined, resolution, clarity, neutral, lively, verve, poise what nonsense. Why cant the U.K have a magazine and site like Audioholics.
They used to have lots of good audio magazines. However people a dumbed down and stupider all over.

Peter Walker predicted this mayhem. Unfortunately he never had a big enough fly swat.

You are well shot of the nonsense.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Sounds like user reviews at head-fi. Those headphone folks love cables that cost more than most headphones :/

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I learned the hard way its never good to argue with idiots both in business and personal. If people are set in their ways, regardless of how misguided they may be, why try to change them?

That being said, some cables are directional but for the wrong reason. Some cables have the ground shield lifting on one side, hence why they have the arrow. Personally, I prefer shielded coax over these type of designs but that's only b/c I come from an RF background and know what works and doesn't work in the worst possible environments.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I learned the hard way its never good to argue with idiots both in business and personal. If people are set in their ways, regardless of how misguided they may be, why try to change them?

That being said, some cables are directional but for the wrong reason. Some cables have the ground shield lifting on one side, hence why they have the arrow. Personally, I prefer shielded coax over these type of designs but that's only b/c I come from an RF background and know what works and doesn't work in the worst possible environments.
"If you argue with a mad man, you will always get the worst of it". G.K. Chesterton.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I learned it the hard way ;) and adopted similar slogan in sig as well :D
I remember almost got banned from certain forum over argument with people arguing the SQ differences with different (VERY EXPENSIVE) DACs with OP who had $6K in electronics and $1K worth of speakers :D

S

steevo

Enthusiast

Dont follow what you mean here, ground sheild lifting on one side, whats that then

AJinFLA

AJinFLA

Banned
Well I finally got banned by the idiots at whathifi forum, for arguing with a guy that cable directionality did not exist.
It does exist. I installed my cables in the wrong direction once, hit play...and the music came out backwards.

cheers,

AJ

J

jamie2112

Banned
Oh yeah I KNOW where I am gettin banned from tonight :D............sounds like fun,I haven't stirred the pot in a while.I say time for a wind up!!!:eek:

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Dont follow what you mean here, ground sheild lifting on one side, whats that then
It's the wrong way to eliminate ground loops. You lift the shield at one plug. Trouble is it introduces more problems than it solves. There are cables like that, but that is not what audiophools would understand or be considering. They have a novel atomic theory, especially as to the behavior of electrons in a conductor!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
It's the wrong way to eliminate ground loops. You lift the shield at one plug. Trouble is it introduces more problems than it solves. There are cables like that, but that is not what audiophools would understand or be considering. They have a novel atomic theory, especially as to the behavior of electrons in a conductor!
Don't you know that the little guys need a nice warm home to move around in. this is why we must insulate the cables with so many layers it's like a garden hose. :D

Cables only matter when they aren't adequate. I refuse to argue with someone over it though. I have better things to do with my time.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Don't you know that the little guys need a nice warm home to move around in. this is why we must insulate the cables with so many layers it's like a garden hose. :D

Cables only matter when they aren't adequate. I refuse to argue with someone over it though. I have better things to do with my time.
I have better things to do as well but, I am always up for a wind up .........:D

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
That's nothing, you should get banned by AVS. I got banned several times (under a variety of different log on names) by warning them about a "former member" who is mentally unstable and gave the mods links to this whackjobs ramblings, his verbal tirades and threats, yet they chose to ban me instead for warning them. Some thanks huh! Yes that ban is still in effect.

As a matter of fact years and years ago I was banned here for the same exact thing, although a kind soul moderator let me creep back in......after several years. :confused: Bwahahahaha

jinjuku

jinjuku

Pick and choose your battles. I had some idiot at Polk Forums that was going to start down the path of 'there is a difference in optical cables".

How do you even begin to have a debate with the sort of crowd that believes in $149 1 meter usb cables? The short answer is you don't. It isn't possible.

I'm still amazed at the $400 plus Kimber HDMI cables (that and they obviously sell to someone).

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Anyone wanna start an audio cable business with me? I've been studying how to b.s. for the last 15 or so years of my education :D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Anyone wanna start an audio cable business with me? I've been studying how to b.s. for the last 15 or so years of my education :D
Sure! As long as we can pick a generic one word name that we can use to sue other people for trying to use the same word for mundane things such as putt putt golf.:D

What are you all staring at? Monster clearly came out on the top of the pile.;)

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sure! As long as we can pick a generic one word name that we can use to sue other people for trying to use the same word for mundane things such as putt putt golf.:D

What are you all staring at? Monster clearly came out on the top of the pile.;)
How about "audio" lol

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
How about "audio" lol
Microsoft did so well, how about "doorway cable". I can be "your doorway to..." , "your portal too..." etc.

Actually: "Portal Cable" sounds good too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis