Do they make a power strip with a 12 volt trigger...

RaT

RaT

Junior Audioholic
Do they make a power strip that would accept a 12 volt trigger... that a receiver could turn on via its 12 volt trigger? I just purchased a Yamaha receiver with the 12 volt trigger but found out my old Soundstream power strip triggers with a RJ11 type connection and I am not even sure of its voltage. I tried a Google search but I don't think I got the phraseology right. I'm not even sure its called a trigger. To make matters worse, I'm not sure where to even post a question like this... :confused: I do know my old Soundstream preamp turns on the power strip which in turn turns on the amp and CD player I have attached to it. Thanks.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
While these strips don't have a 12V trigger feature, they will activate device(s) when your pre-amp or receiver is turned on. I've owned one in the past, and it worked well. You can also adjust the sensitivity for proper trigger action.

http://catalog.bitsltd.us/power_strips/

Note: You can also buy them through Amazon.

RaT

RaT

Junior Audioholic
I did manage to find a power strip locally for $39 that had what T2T mentions above and it works very well. I figured I could easily build one via a 12V pull on a relay, that could then turn on a outlet that turned on a line conditioner/power strip etc, but I wanted it right now. I use it to turn on/off a 5 channel amp I connected to a Yamaha receiver that I recently purchased.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I have a Panamax M8-HT Pro that has a 12v trigger for 4 of the 8 outlets, and while this particular model is discontinued, there is a newer model out that also has a 12v trigger. I tried one of the smart power strips that T2T suggested, and it didn't work very well.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
While these strips don't have a 12V trigger feature, they will activate device(s) when your pre-amp or receiver is turned on. I've owned one in the past, and it worked well. You can also adjust the sensitivity for proper trigger action.

http://catalog.bitsltd.us/power_strips/

Note: You can also buy them through Amazon.
I use one of these in my system and they work great once they get dialed in.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I use one of these in my system and they work great once they get dialed in.
I could never get mine to work consistently, so I returned it... I was really hoping it would work, but I'm much better off with my Panamax since it offeres ethernet and coax protection as well as triggered outlets.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis