Goldmund's Million Dollar Wall of Sound

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Every once in a while we stumble upon a gem that, while not new, reminds us of why we're here - you know, pursuing the truth in audio & video. What we stumbled upon was an old YouTube video of Goldmund, a Swiss company who built a reported million dollar studio. Our favorite quote: "Most of you are familiar with 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound. With Goldman we are able to do up to 128 channels..." 128? Oh really?

Discuss "Goldmund's Million Dollar Wall of Sound" here. Read the article.

1hagop

Audioholic Intern
Seriously... Only 128, why not 256 or 512 or 1024.....
Next will be 1TB in channels:D

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Goldmund's makes some amazing gear. Unbelievable sound!!

Expensive as all hell. But absolutely amazing.

That's one brand I would definitely load up with, if I was a Gazillionaire:D

And McIntosh, of course:p Always love the Mac.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Now I'm feeling mad, as I told those dumbs not to spread the news by any chance, before MY system arrives home, so now the truth is out there... :p

K

kevon27

Annoying Poster
So the editor asked what happens when the power goes out? Seriously now, it's Goldmun...Your theater has power redundancy. Power is comes from two power stations on different power grids. When that fails, the solar panel farm kicks in until power returns.
As for the 128 channel processor...To me its just a supper fancy crossover that sends a portion of the audio frequency spectrum to individual speakers (1hz to 128khz).
I would like to see Audioholics review at least one of their products.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Such an advanced HT system and they are using a Sencore SP295C to analyze its response :eek:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Such an advanced HT system and they are using a Sencore SP295C to analyze its response :eek:
Agreed, they should use some exotic audio analyzer. Alternatively they could rebadge the Sencore SP295C, swap out the stock battery for a gold encased one, and mark it up to $125,000.:D

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
To answer your last question:
I would hope, for that kind of money, it comes with a generator and transfer switch. :D Even I got that. :p

I wish I could make money doing crazy exotic home theaters too. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis