AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So basically ATI makes amps for Lexicon, JBL, Earthquake Cinenova 300WPC amp, Outlaw 300WPC amp, & Adcom 300WPC amp.

H

hawk14

Audioholic Intern
I don't know who they make amps for these days, but the founders of the company came from a company called SAE, which was some high quality gear (amps & pre-amps) back in the 70's and 80's.

ATI got great reviews from Home Theater Mag in the 90s, and I listened to some of their earlier, less powerful models. I listened to them through PSB Stratus Golds, Martin Logans, Maggies, and I tell you what, the ATI's handled every speaker without any problem. The models that I listened to were 1505, 2505, and the 1805, and they all had had some serious power, really good bass, tight and controlled. They rock for home theater, and they did two channel pretty darn good too.

So if you're looking at their 3000, I would only assume that it will be even better than their previous models. Hope this helps. Good luck.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know who they make amps for these days, but the founders of the company came from a company called SAE, which was some high quality gear (amps & pre-amps) back in the 70's and 80's.

ATI got great reviews from Home Theater Mag in the 90s, and I listened to some of their earlier, less powerful models. I listened to them through PSB Stratus Golds, Martin Logans, Maggies, and I tell you what, the ATI's handled every speaker without any problem. The models that I listened to were 1505, 2505, and the 1805, and they all had had some serious power, really good bass, tight and controlled. They rock for home theater, and they did two channel pretty darn good too.

So if you're looking at their 3000, I would only assume that it will be even better than their previous models. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Yeah, I'm thinking about getting the ATI AT3005 amp.

If it's the same thing as the Earthquake Cinenova Grande 5Ch amp reviewed by Home Theater Magazine, it's got some serious power output: > 300W 8 ohms & > 600W 4 ohms.

Earthquake Cinenova also said it could output 1000W into 2 ohms, but I don't think HTM was able to actually measure that.

But I just love the way the AT3005 looks with those two big handle bars.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Okay so I found out from the customer rep that their 5Ch amp (AT3005) weighs 122lbs.:eek:

I was hoping it would be around 80lbs.:D

It would definitely be on the BOTTOM rack.

Any sugestions on how to place it on the rack VERY CAREFULLY?:D

Do I have to apply the laws of physics here?:eek:

H

hawk14

Audioholic Intern
122 pounds?!!!, That's a freakin human being! (preferrably female, 40-24-36) :D

Seriously, that's a lot of amp. I would put that thing on the floor on its own amp stand and leave it there, and I would make sure my IC's were long enough to get to the pre-pro and call it a day!

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
If you really want to get it on the bottom rack, you might try using something to slide it on, rather than trying to keep it in the air until centered and letting it down. The feet on the bottom may be somewhat un-slippery, on purpose, preventing you from easily sliding it.

Then once in position, lift up one corner at a time to remove whatever you used to slide it into position.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, after all that talk, I've decided to get the 88lb Adcom GFA-7805 300WPC 5Ch amp instead for $2K.:D

The AT3005 was $3.5K.

A

AboutTreeFiddy

Audiophyte
Serioiuly, get some help. I didn't and ended up re-injuring my back somewhere between hauling my AT 2007 (93 lbs.) in the house and loading it on to the bottom rack. Beyond that, I love the it. Check out Audiogon if you haven't already. You can get an even better deal than the listed prices by making an offer. I'm not so sure the amps listed there aren't actually new and Classic_audio_parts isn't just the outlet store for ATI.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Serioiuly, get some help. I didn't and ended up re-injuring my back somewhere between hauling my AT 2007 (93 lbs.) in the house and loading it on to the bottom rack. Beyond that, I love the it. Check out Audiogon if you haven't already. You can get an even better deal than the listed prices by making an offer. I'm not so sure the amps listed there aren't actually new and Classic_audio_parts isn't just the outlet store for ATI.
Yeah, actually it's back to the drawing board for me in terms of amps.:D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Ah so what are you going to do?

I've got a line on a 7807 right now and I am seriously looking at the ATI models as well. We will see which I end up with.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis