mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
http://www.ehow.com/how_4843639_treat-a-ministroke.html

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/stroke/DS00150

http://stroke.emedtv.com/tia/tia-symptoms.html

Sudden numbness or weakness of face, arm, hand, or leg, especially on one side of the body
Sudden confusion
Trouble speaking or understanding speech
Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes (such as double vision, blurred vision, or blindness)
Sudden trouble walking, dizziness or lightheadedness
Sudden loss of balance or coordination
Sudden severe headache with no known cause
Vomiting
Loss of consciousness
Spinning sensation (vertigo)
Sudden collapse
Seizures (in a small number of cases).
does having just 1 symptom mean i'm screwed?
i THINK i had the weakness of my left arm and abdomen area last night.

must be the 4 large sized McDonald's twister fries i had over a few days.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
i THINK i had the weakness of my left arm and abdomen area last night.
Wife out of town? :p

I threw up in college. Maybe I had one, too. Either that or it was just one or four too many shots.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Wow, I better check my pulse.....I think I'm dead.:D On a serious note I would have it checked if it is bothering you....

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Never diagnose on the internet. Go to the doctor or at least ask TLS Guy.
I concur with this. See a doctor who can actually diagnose any problems.
btw - I did NOT sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.

-pat

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Once we get to a certain age, there are certain things that we should not let slip by without checking out. If you think you may have had a symptom, I suggest a trip to the doctor for a full physical.

Things that should be checked on a regular basis include a prostate exam, blood pressure, cholesteral, triglycerides, stress test and other precautionary measures that your doctor might suggest. As I'm sure you're aware, early detection is the key to prevention. Check what you can now, before a traumatic event occurs.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
well i do a whole abdomen ultrasound every 1 or 2 years.
a blood test with the works every 1 or 2 years.
i just went to a doctor to have the latest results checked. (a month or 2 ago)
BP was normal.

my uric acid is over the recommended limit.
my triglyceride is over i think
my cholesterol is over too - but much of it is HDL (good cholesterol)

and that was the healthy me. (before the half a jar of cheese dip for every bag of tostitos, before a cup of sour cream for every bag of ruffles, before 4 large twister fries within 4 days)

basically, best case scenario ... that was nothing.
worst case ... it WAS a mini-stroke. so i need to make a "change in lifestyle" anyway.

i'll use this thread to keep me on track.

July 2, 2009 190lbs.
July 7, 2009 185lbs.

i'd put in waistline measurements but that'd be too embarrassing ... putting in two numbers. a "waistline" and a "real waistline" (bellybutton level)

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
July 2, 2009 190lbs.
July 7, 2009 185lbs.
July 2, 2009 190lbs.
July 7, 2009 185lbs.
July 28, 2009 179lbs.
February 24, 2011 184lbs

i haven't even started exercising yet.

i'll max out the "non-gluttonous, non-fast food and non-junk food diet" before moving on to exercising.

i might even look into "colon cleansing" (still doing research and finding out how much it will cost)

Last edited:
N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
Colon cleansings do not cost too much. I depends on the type of cleansing you get. You can do a 24 hour one a 1 week one a 1 month one or a 6 month one. I am assuming you do not have a GNC where you live. If you have a vitamin shop around they usually carry colon cleansing pills. You should do a full body cleansing every 20 years or so to stay healthier.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Colon cleansings do not cost too much. I depends on the type of cleansing you get. You can do a 24 hour one a 1 week one a 1 month one or a 6 month one. I am assuming you do not have a GNC where you live. If you have a vitamin shop around they usually carry colon cleansing pills. You should do a full body cleansing every 20 years or so to stay healthier.
found one that's about 3 days ... 76 bucks. (seriously considering it) i have seen GNC stores here - i just never went in :D

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
GNC is your best bet. Both my friend and his brother have done one of GNC's colon cleansing programs. They are also cheaper then 72 bucks.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Colon cleansing is on a par with trying to improve the sound of your amp by changing the power cord.

Your symptom has a wide differential diagnosis, that is imposible to work up on the NET. It does however require a work up, so you will need competent medical advice.

Matt34

Matt34

Funny as I picked up one of the GNC cleansing kits (week long) last week. Going to start it on Saturday.

After the baby was born I put on 18lbs before I knew it and was the heaviest I have ever been. Four month later I've lost 24lbs by cutting back on my portions, taking in more protein/water along with running and doing that P90x program. My running has actually really improved lately and my knee has been feeling pretty good.

I do need to have a checkup and get my cholesterol checked.

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
Colon cleansing is on a par with trying to improve the sound of your amp by changing the power cord.
If you are a doctor then you know what you are talking about. If you are not, then your opinion is just like mine. Only good to those that will listen. A medical fact is that a healthy colon makes a happy man.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

If you are a doctor then you know what you are talking about. If you are not, then your opinion is just like mine. Only good to those that will listen. A medical fact is that a healthy colon makes a happy man.
Check my public profile.

Interfering with the colonic flora, is not a good thing and should never be done without a good reason, such as a colonoscopy prep.

highfigh

highfigh

Full body cleansing every 20 years? That's a long time for things to build up.

Makes me wonder how my ancestors lived into their late 70s, 80s and 90s throughout the 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th Centuries 'cause I'm pretty sure they ate whatever they had and never did any kind of "cleansing", unless it was mineral oil or something like that..

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Mike, I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on TV.

But, here's my humble opinion.

1) I don't think any one symptom is a cuse for alarm but if you have any doubts, go see a doctor for advice, not us fools on the internet.

2) Losing 11 pounds in three weeks by doing nothing is strange. Again, see a doctor.

3) I'd hold off on that colon cleanse until a real doctor sees and advises you.

But, YMMV.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
mike, take care. Even slight brain damage can have serious effects. Thanks to enough not-so-careful activities in life, I deal with short term memory problems, dizzy spells, loss of focus, sudden loss of balance, blurred vision, to name a few. But man, with all those checkups, you take a lot better care of yourself than I ever did. That's a good thing. :)

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
Full body cleansing every 20 years? That's a long time for things to build up.

Makes me wonder how my ancestors lived into their late 70s, 80s and 90s throughout the 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th Centuries 'cause I'm pretty sure they ate whatever they had and never did any kind of "cleansing", unless it was mineral oil or something like that..
A doctor did tell me that once. The problem is the food we eat today. Your ancestors did not eat processed food and things with preservatives. Your body has a hard time breaking those things down.

If you have medical insurance see a doctor. I agree, losing 11 pounds that fast is suspitious unles you are drinking a lot of water and you are just losing water weight.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis