What are you guys using to organize you cords on the back side

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
I was wondering how do you guys organize your wiring behind your rigs?Pictures if you could also.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I was wondering how do you guys organize your wiring behind your rigs?Pictures if you could also.
Well, thanks to HDMI I don't have tons of cords. I wrapped the power cables for my Blu-Ray and HD DVD players together in Techflex, and for everything else I just used zip-ties to hold them down. My system isn't too complex, so I didn't worry too much about cables. I did put one pic up of my wires on my system thread update post here. I guess I don't really care about the cable management too much because of the location of my stuff, so maybe I am not the best person to see an example from. :D

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
One convenient way to route cables is using hook and loop cable ties as shown in the website below in the picture at the right bottom corner. Google "velcro cabe ties" and you can find suppliers and ties in different colors if you are really into organizing things.

http://www.cabletiesplus.com/Departments/Cable-Ties.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_campaign=misspellings&utm_term=tie+cables&utm_medium=cpc

One benefit of these ties is that it allows for easier changes in cables/wires if you change equipment compared to nylon zip ties.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I use a combo of velcro and zip ties to keep "like cables" together. I took those plastic clips from Rat Shack, removed the adhesive (wouldn't stick) and super glued them to the back of my credenza so I can keep the cables nice and tight against the back.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I have a rat nest behind my rack. It's on my list of things to do at some point, once my equipment list stabilizes.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Mine used to be neat but I have added too much stuff to my system. 3 zones, 3 amps, AVR, PS3, Sat box, SMS, ethernet and CAT6 going to the NILES control gear... just leaves a bunch of wires and cables.
I have a rat nest behind my rack. It's on my list of things to do at some point, once my equipment list stabilizes.

G

greggp2

Senior Audioholic
This is on my project to do list. Right behind organizing my garage... I use some zip ties, but need to implement something like the Dawg has to get my cables up off the floor.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I use velcro like Dawg does, but I have a LOT more cables than that :D

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
I'm with mperfect - I got a mess back there. I had it organized a couple of times in the past with zip-ties then velcro straps but after changing things around umpteen times now I just let 'em hang where they want - it's a mess but a semi-organized mess. :D

Maybe when I finally get what I want I'll dress it all up with some velcro straps... much easier to re-do if final isn't so final. ;)

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I'm an anal neat freak and use a combination of zip ties, velco, and cable loom. I will put up some pictures when I get home.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I cropped the picture, the other side is not so well organized.:eek:

Here is the rest of it, that I didn't want to show. I will fix it later.;)

I use velcro like Dawg does, but I have a LOT more cables than that :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I just rearranged everything a few weeks ago to reroute the outlet to which my Panamax and APC are plugged into, which basically required me to redo almost every single cable. It looks better now, but there is still a lot going on behind my console. I don't even want to take pics :)

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
I have all my equipment in a closet, the wire's are a mess but when I close the curtain they look great.......:rolleyes:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, mine is all behind the rack where nobody can see it either, but it doesn't mean I am proud of it ;)

N

no1maestro

Enthusiast
Hiding wires

I have a secret weapon for securing cables and hiding them........it's called a wife. She is a stickler for not seeing them so after rehooking everything up, I hand her a fistfull of ties and velcro and let her go at it. She had training on what to run with what else and what to keep aside. She does great work!!

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
I have a secret weapon for securing cables and hiding them........it's called a wife. She is a stickler for not seeing them so after rehooking everything up, I hand her a fistfull of ties and velcro and let her go at it. She had training on what to run with what else and what to keep aside. She does great work!!
Does she have a smokin' hot sister??? :D

Senior Audioholic
Or...gan...ize?:confused:?

Yes, that's what it really looks like.
I spend all my time looking at the front so I don't see the point in spending time and money on making the back look nice.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis