HDMI Cable - Can I connect two together?

C

chgo36

Audioholic Intern
I have a dilemma...I set up my home theatre a few months ago and ran HDMI from AVR to TV and ran it through a wall and it would be difficult to replace it. My question is....I want to move the location of my equipment/AVR etc about 6 feet but the current HDMI is not long enough. Is there a way to connect another HDMI cable to the existing one since I will have a tough time running a longer cable through the wall again?

Help is appreciated?

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I have a dilemma...I set up my home theatre a few months ago and ran HDMI from AVR to TV and ran it through a wall and it would be difficult to replace it. My question is....I want to move the location of my equipment/AVR etc about 6 feet but the current HDMI is not long enough. Is there a way to connect another HDMI cable to the existing one since I will have a tough time running a longer cable through the wall again?

Help is appreciated?
Check Monoprice.com. Here is one thing you can use: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024010&p_id=3345&seq=1&format=2

Be conscious of how much you are extending. Anything past 30-35 feet you might consider using an active extender.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
They have them down to 3' to, I was just showing an example above.

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Yes, get an HDMI extension cable

Help is appreciated?
Monoprice makes very good inexpensive cables. Get an HDMI extension cable. I am not sure how long you need, but here is a 10 ft extension cable for $11.31 the make other lengths.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024010&p_id=3343&seq=1&format=2

Good Luck,

MidCow2

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis