ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Now that I have added an extra amp and EQ, I have ran out of room in my credenza. At some point I will put some of the gear in a closet but not at this time. I have to make room and the first thing to go would be the small amp I have running zone 3.

Since I am just running a 5.1 system, is there a way to run zone 3 off of the amps in the AVR without adding a selector box? Zone two is powered by the AVR as well as my surrounds in zone 1.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I don't think there is a way without a box.

Can you even choose to use the surround backs to power either zone 2 or zone 3 or is it zone 2 only? If you can change this setting then you could go into the GUI and change which speakers are getting the power but you still have to have some kind of box to handle 2 sets of speaker wire coming from the 2 zones.

The easiest thing I can think of would be to get a long set of RCA's and move the small amp up to the attic but you would still have to fish the RCA down to the reciever and I don't know if you have power up or a shelf in the attic.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
That sounds more difficult then I want to tackle right now. Maybe I could find a small, cheap amp that I could fit into there. It would need to be less than 4" tall and less than 6" wide. Depth is not an issue.

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
Damn, if you could go just a little bigger you could have nice a ICE amp:D:D:D It would be some serious over kill for zone 3 but hey, there's no such things as over kill right?;)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Parasound has nice little amps called zamps Here is a link. It is a little big at 9.5 inches wide. (and a bit pricy)

Niles also makes a small amp that has around 30wpc and is that small. I have not found one epray but I'll keep looking.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Keep in mind, I am replacing a $52 amp....

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Post removed due to me being an idiot and not reading the description before making a suggestion.

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I like the description.

"This is a pre-owned PARASOUND Zamp/Zone AMPLIFIER. It doesnt work".

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Wow that makes me dumb. I edited out my original post. Sorry man.:eek:

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Parasound has nice little amps called zamps Here is a link. It is a little big at 9.5 inches wide. (and a bit pricy)

Niles also makes a small amp that has around 30wpc and is that small. I have not found one epray but I'll keep looking.
http://www.nilesaudio.com/product.php?prodID=TVA50&recordID=Stereo Amplifier w/Built-In Auto Speaker Level Switching&categoryID=Automated Switching Systems&catcdID=10&prdcdID=FG01058 8x8'"

and the z amp can be had for under 200 on ebay.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Did you guys read this part?

It would need to be less than 4" tall and less than 6" wide. Depth is not an issue.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hmm does sound good. I've been on the wagon for a couple of weeks just for a break. With the holiday's here I'm sure to fall off. There is a new Captain spiced that is a reserved version that is quite good on the rocks. I'll have to try and pick it up on my way home.:)

Dawg I would just go to the store and get some rum. I'm not sure any of those would work will but they say vodka goes with everything or is it anything.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
But I don't want to spend money on more booze. I bought 600 bucks worth of the crap last week.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis