Question on Klipsch ICON Speakers

H

HDTVFREAK

Junior Audioholic
Hello experts, I am building a 35 X 15 ft HT dedicated room and was looking at some Klipsch ICON 2 Way Triple 5-1/4 speakers for the front and Klipsch ICON surrounds and Rear Speakers. Are they good enough for the room and HT needs?

Thanks.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Here is a review on them.

What matters is how they sound to you. I dont like the sound of Klipsch but others love them.

I would get a different sub (SVS, HSU)

Hello experts, I am building a 35 X 15 ft HT dedicated room and was looking at some Klipsch ICON 2 Way Triple 5-1/4 speakers for the front and Klipsch ICON surrounds and Rear Speakers. Are they good enough for the room and HT needs?

Thanks.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Here is a review on them.
Hmm active Klipsch speakers. They are very efficient so this design may work well for them. I have owned Klipsch and they were ok unless I wanted to play them loud and then they kind of grated on me. My worries would be that to get enough sound to fill that large room may be fatigueing.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja

Thanks.
I like klipsch... i really do... especially for HT applications. But if you decide to go the klipsch route make sure you stay with something in the reference line. Look at the rf52... better option in my opinion. You can also find some sweet deals on the RF35. Its an older model that from what i understand has been put back into production for a limited time... That might not be exactly right but there are a bunch of online retailers selling them again.

Like greg said, klipsch is probably the most love/hate speaker company out there. I personally think they are awesome for HT. I did not care for the looks or performance of that particular series. The reference stuff uses much better driver and crossover materials... The ICON will fit your application, i just there is better to be had for the investment... I wouldnt talk you out of Klipsch altogether though, actually quite the opposite..

D

D.R. Payne

Audioholic
Obviously I'm a Klipsch fan...
If you can afford the Palladium line, they are among the best out there.
If not, the reference or heritage line will last you a lifetime and outperform a lot of other things in the price range.

Some people find horn dynamics ("live music" sound) fatiguing, but in my experience it is much closer to the actual instruments than a "more pleasing" sound. Here is an article concerning some of the advantages typical of horn design:
http://www.klipschcorner.com/Articles.aspx?guid=2f09cb50-f1ba-4846-80d2-5bc0aa93f581

D

D.R. Payne

Audioholic
One other thing, if you need a WAF, check out the Icon-W series. Very pretty.

N

notsonoob

Audioholic Intern
Bestbuy discontinued carrying the reference series so you will get great deal on those if you can find them in a store near you, i picked up brand new RF-62 at 50% off MSRP and display model RS-42 at 50% + 20% off MSRP. I havent hooked them up yet but believe me they will pass WAF with flying colors...they are pretty, especially with thier grills off......

I had to call about 10 best buy stores and visit about 4 to get all 5 speakers in my set up.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis