Audiophile Liquidator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

klix58

Junior Audioholic
Wow has any one used this site and what was the result as far as products, service etc? They have a smoking deal on Paradigm speakers. Thanks

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Check out the thread in Deal Deal Deals. Looks like staying away would be prudent.

G

Guangui

Full Audioholic
Wow has any one used this site and what was the result as far as products, service etc? They have a smoking deal on Paradigm speakers. Thanks
I tried to deal with these jokers, but they took three days to answer a question, then I called and the guy who answered was a real jerk, and thank God I called prior to buying anything, as they claimed in their website that they had Monitor Audio R225 in stock ready to ship (don't remember the price, but it was very good), and after three or four days waiting stock confirmation they said they didn't have any. Personally, I don't want even free speakers from them.

B

BURNT

Audiophyte
Audiophile Liquidators

I wish I had read the postings on this site BEFORE I ordered from Audiophile Liquidators. I ordered an item, and after a week, I had not heard anything from them but a confirmation that my credit card had been charged. When I sent them an email requesting a status on my order, they sent me info on someone else's item. I tried for two hours to reach them by phone, but all I got was a recording or a busy signal. After sending them several emails, and finally speaking to the customer service rep, I was told that they had no record of my order in the system.

Then I sent them an email stating I would cancel my order. At 3 AM the next day, the "guy", Steve Meyers, sent me an email stating that my item had shipped 6 days ago and was due for delivery the next day. I told him I had already requested the order to be cancelled and had contacted my credit card company.

Steve (the "guy") sent me an email telling me that he was going to charge me a 25% restocking fee and would charge me TWICE for shipping. Some savings, huh?

I strongly urge anyone to avoid attempting to do business with this company. ALL of my other internet purchases, (and, as you can imagine, since i am building a studio, there have been many) confirm my order immediately, and send me a UPS or FedEx tracking number within 24 hours. Waiting over a week while someone is running around with your credit card number is scary.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY ... unless, of course, you really want grief and enjoy abuse !!!

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Well that makes recent comments about them bad from several members. I think I will start a thread about on-line stores I have purchased from. Perhaps others will chime in to help guide anyone looking for feedback from members.

V

venture

Audiophyte
Audiophile Liquidator - Took the plunge

I purchased from them recently. I was a little nervous, but after doing some research, decided to take the plunge. (Drew up a list of pros and cons)

It was nerve wracking - but everything came as described. Double boxed in what looked like factory sealed original packaging.

I got frustrated with a "legit" vendor that I was corresponding with online. The other vendor was evasive in answering my e-mails...wouldn't answer my questions directly, and didn't seem willing to negotiate on price, even when I was willing to buy more stuff. Funny thing is this other vendor had gotten many kudos from other users in another competing AV forum. My guess is that he was doing so much business from referrals he didn't need to negotiate or spend time haggling with me.

Overall I think I saved around $600-$700 bucks. Paid around $2K for an order that easily would have been $2700 bucks or more from the other vendor.

The items all have serial numbers on them - so it will be interesting to find out what will happen if I have problems and need to get my speakers serviced.

If you want the full details you can PM me.

- V

Matt34

Matt34

I purchased from them recently. I was a little nervous, but after doing some research, decided to take the plunge. (Drew up a list of pros and cons)

It was nerve wracking - but everything came as described. Double boxed in what looked like factory sealed original packaging.

I got frustrated with a "legit" vendor that I was corresponding with online. The other vendor was evasive in answering my e-mails...wouldn't answer my questions directly, and didn't seem willing to negotiate on price, even when I was willing to buy more stuff. Funny thing is this other vendor had gotten many kudos from other users in another competing AV forum. My guess is that he was doing so much business from referrals he didn't need to negotiate or spend time haggling with me.

Overall I think I saved around $600-$700 bucks. Paid around $2K for an order that easily would have been $2700 bucks or more from the other vendor.

The items all have serial numbers on them - so it will be interesting to find out what will happen if I have problems and need to get my speakers serviced.

If you want the full details you can PM me.

- V

I smell a shill.

G

Guangui

Full Audioholic
Funny, how he doesn't mention product bought, nor who was the legit vendor. IMO, just a drive by PR campaign...I bought from Saturday Audio (PSB Speakers T45/C40/B25)), and from Accessories4Less (Marantz Refurb SR-5001), and absolutely happy with the service received. Tried Audiophile Liquidator, and they were useless.

C

cubbie5150

Audioholic Intern
A guy that works for me got the major runa around from that web store... Needless to say, it took him, his bank & Mast Card some major wrangling to get things straight. I've heard similar horror stories about DigitalCraze... YMMV, BUT, if a price looks too good to be true, it is. Personally, I'll pay more to buy from a reputable seller.

G

Guangui

Full Audioholic
A guy that works for me got the major runa around from that web store... Needless to say, it took him, his bank & Mast Card some major wrangling to get things straight. I've heard similar horror stories about DigitalCraze... YMMV, BUT, if a price looks too good to be true, it is. Personally, I'll pay more to buy from a reputable seller.
Exactly what happened to me, but I noticed the runaround prior to buying, and decided not to buy from them.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I wish I had read the postings on this site BEFORE I ordered from Audiophile Liquidators. I ordered an item, and after a week, I had not heard anything from them but a confirmation that my credit card had been charged. When I sent them an email requesting a status on my order, they sent me info on someone else's item. I tried for two hours to reach them by phone, but all I got was a recording or a busy signal. After sending them several emails, and finally speaking to the customer service rep, I was told that they had no record of my order in the system.

Then I sent them an email stating I would cancel my order. At 3 AM the next day, the "guy", Steve Meyers, sent me an email stating that my item had shipped 6 days ago and was due for delivery the next day. I told him I had already requested the order to be cancelled and had contacted my credit card company.

Steve (the "guy") sent me an email telling me that he was going to charge me a 25% restocking fee and would charge me TWICE for shipping. Some savings, huh?

I strongly urge anyone to avoid attempting to do business with this company. ALL of my other internet purchases, (and, as you can imagine, since i am building a studio, there have been many) confirm my order immediately, and send me a UPS or FedEx tracking number within 24 hours. Waiting over a week while someone is running around with your credit card number is scary.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY ... unless, of course, you really want grief and enjoy abuse !!!
What happened in the end? Did you get screwed with all of the charges?

V

venture

Audiophyte
Shill.

I smell a shill.

Kind of obvious that at least one person would say that I was a shill...because there's absolutely no way this company could be legit, right? :p

As I mentioned before, ordering from them was nerve wracking...and my guess is the bulk of their problems (and horror stories) are due to crappy customer service. Their biggest problem seems to be that they aren't forthcoming about where exactly this stuff is coming from, and when it is coming.

After the order went through, it wasn't until just after the 5 business day mark that I got any indication that anything was shipped - and that wasn't until I sent an e-mail and called. To be fair to them, they gave me a UPS shipping number the same day, and the package arrived a few days later.

I'm guessing that they do get their stuff from out of business AV dealers - and/or dropped shipped from dealers who are having trouble moving stuff.

Despite all that, I wanted to report that I did indeed get stuff as ordered...albeit at a slower pace than say - Buy.com, Amazon, or other retailers.

- V

V

venture

Audiophyte
Who was this other vendor?
Jason over at AV Science. I had heard he was good to work with. Nothing wrong really with him, but it was excruciating e-mailing with him. He'd answer me with one, two lines. (I probably would have been better off calling him - but I do better having stuff in writing - and being able to think out my responses).

He gave me his pricing on some equipment - and I was hoping he could get me an even better price if I bought more stuff, but he didn't seem willing to negotiate.

Jason also had great discounts on some stuff, and just "ok" discounts on others. In the end, he didn't seem willing to "work with me" on price - and I'm guessing it's because he has more business than he knows what to do with. Can't really fault him for that.

AV Science has been in business for a while, and their website gets a lot of traffic - so they have a reputation to uphold. I trust them on the outset based on that community. However, in the end, I had a specific budget - and I was fed up trying to negotiate to reach my budget - and decided to take a risk based on what I had uncovered.

In the end, the gamble paid off - can't say everyone will have the same results. From my discussions with AudiophileLiquidator however, it does seem like they've established some guidelines for expectations on their website - so as long as you're ok with those expectations, you'll be ok. Audiophile Liquidator managed to meet those expectations in that regard.

Could they do more to make their customers at ease? Probably. Would I order from them again? Probably - depending on what it was I wanted to buy - and what price they were offering it. I definitely would feel more comfortable if I made a connection with their sales person and customer service rep. If you think that's important too, try calling them and talking to them for a while.

Thoughts?

- V

V

venture

Audiophyte
Not a drive by...

Funny, how he doesn't mention product bought, nor who was the legit vendor. IMO, just a drive by PR campaign...I bought from Saturday Audio (PSB Speakers T45/C40/B25)), and from Accessories4Less (Marantz Refurb SR-5001), and absolutely happy with the service received. Tried Audiophile Liquidator, and they were useless.
I love people with their preconceptions. You've already decided who I am - and what I'm about in just one post. Note - I've only just started lurking on this forum - just to do research on buying my equipment.

If you want to know the product bought - it was 1 pair of Atlantic Technology in wall speakers, and 2 pairs of in ceiling AT speakers. Roughly about $2.1K in equipment.

I mentioned in the other post, the legit vendor is AV Sciences. I don't have any experience with them - but know that other people have said they are good.

Why don't you give us your experience with Audiophile Liquidator? What was uesless about them? This is what this thread is for - to help people make a decision either way about whether to go with them or not.

I'm not saying you *absolutely* should go with them - I'm just giving you my experience so you can make an informed decision.

- V

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
A first (and only post) with no details about the product or other vendor looks suspicious in the current context, especially since you didn't reply for days afterward. Nothing personal, but that's all we had to go on.

Do stick around! Unless you're a shill, of course. ;)

V

venture

Audiophyte
Lol

A first (and only post) with no details about the product or other vendor looks suspicious in the current context, especially since you didn't reply for days afterward. Nothing personal, but that's all we had to go on.

Do stick around! Unless you're a shill, of course. ;)
Nope. Note a shill. Just hoping to get tips on good deals - and reliable retailers. Also here to occasionally give my 2 cents and experience.

When you take a risk with an unknown retailer - it's great when it goes well - and you feel jubilant. When it goes bad, you feel like a real clod. I guess it's much like buying stuff on eBay. :p

I'm glad it turned out ok with AL - and wanted to share it.

D

deraeler

Enthusiast
Audiophile Liquidator

I'm dismayed to hear about these horror stories - just ordered from AL - hoping not to experience the same issues. I didn't find any bad reviews on them - but should have looked a little longer I guess. btw - I couldn't pass up the opp. to comment though - for the record - the "Steven Meyers" at Audiophile Liquidators is no relation to someone very close to the person writing this msg :). I seriously hope I don't have issues with them. Their price on this amp was better than anyone - hope its not too good to be true. Will post what I learn here...so far it's only been 3 days, but no shipping info is forthcoming...yet.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
Why not go ID?

Just wondering as to why even waste any time with these companies? If you're buying online anyway (instead of a dealer), why not go with one of the many Internet Direct companies known for their outstanding customer service. If you look around long enough, you can find some insane deals, especially if ordering multiple items. Just a thought. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis