Denon AVP-A1HDCI / POA-A1HDCI Review Support Thread

M

Mel O

Audiophyte
No Net Radio?

I have no net radio via either a wireless or wired connection. I am new to this product. I just had Magnolia here on Monday (two days ago) and they did the pro set up for me. They also installed the new firmware. I had not tried Internet radio before the install of the new firmware. It does not work for me no matter what I try. Has this issue been sorted out yet?

Thanks for your input.

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
I just finished recording it (50 min long) but had some tech issues with my software which causes some background noises. I also had to contend with a thunderstorm half way into the interview so I hope you guys don't beat me up too much on the sound quality. This is my first podcast and its different doing them via phone since I have to do all of the recording on my end. Don't expect DVD-A sound quality. Its more like XM radio :eek:
No problem Gene.;) It's just gonna' be nice to hear this interview. And thanks for doing this Podcast interview, we really appreciate it.:)

Seth

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
I just finished recording it (50 min long) but had some tech issues with my software which causes some background noises. I also had to contend with a thunderstorm half way into the interview so I hope you guys don't beat me up too much on the sound quality. This is my first podcast and its different doing them via phone since I have to do all of the recording on my end. Don't expect DVD-A sound quality. Its more like XM radio :eek:
Well looking forward to hearing it.Just out of curiosity Gene(it would be a pain in the @ss to do, i don't blame if you did not) would you put it to text(script) also?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Guys;

I just added this page where I briefly go over the diagram they sent me and explain the benefits of balanced design.

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/processors/denon-avp-a1hdci/review-addendum-balanced-transmission-further-explored

Well looking forward to hearing it.Just out of curiosity Gene(it would be a pain in the @ss to do, i don't blame if you did not) would you put it to text(script) also?
We have a service that does this, thought it isn't free, it isn't 100% accurate. I will see what we can do. I may get all of my techcasts transcribed going forward.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I have no net radio via either a wireless or wired connection. I am new to this product. I just had Magnolia here on Monday (two days ago) and they did the pro set up for me. They also installed the new firmware. I had not tried Internet radio before the install of the new firmware. It does not work for me no matter what I try. Has this issue been sorted out yet?

Thanks for your input.
See if you can force re-download the firmware by entering the screen that says "download firmware" instead of "Check for firmware update".

Also, verify you setup a Net Radio account and copied over your units MAC address in the online registration. I detail this within my review.

gimp

gimp

Enthusiast
Thanks Gene, looking forward to listening, any idea when it will be posted? Was there any discussion of successors to Denon Link 3 and the DVD-5910CI flagship? Thanks again.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Thanks Gene, looking forward to listening, any idea when it will be posted? Was there any discussion of successors to Denon Link 3 and the DVD-5910CI flagship? Thanks again.
I am going out of town now but I asked Clint to post this podcast on AVRANT tomorrow.

D.Link was discussed including its very BRIGHT future. Very cool stuff whats coming down the pipe for Denon...

T

tsteves

Junior Audioholic
Awesome review, Gene.
I hope this helps Denon to make some serious noise in the "high end" market. With your bench results I can't see how the high end press will be able to ignore it for long, or find much fault. Denon deserves success for all its accomplishments of late. Again, a very in-depth, no holds barred review. Just what we expect from you guys!

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
Could you provide us a link to that interview when it's ready.Thankyou

S

shamus

Junior Audioholic
Does the AVP clip pixels?

The 5308 clips 2 pixels on the right and 4 on the top through HDMI even when in pass through mode.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
All;

My Podcast Interview with Denon is up:

http://www.avrant.com/?p=311#respond

I apologize for the poor audio quality. The recorder program I am using is having some issues with my sound card on my PC. I will be using a different PC for the next poscast. Some great info in here regardless so I hope you all enjoy it!

Seth V

Seth V

Audioholic
Thank you Gene! That interview was pretty awesome! And the audio was actually pretty darn good, no complaints here.;) It was very audible. All of us really appreciate the very cool info in this interview. I also posted a link to this interview on our AVS owners thread.

Thanks also to Jeff Talmadge for also making this possible.:) Thank you very much for sharing all this invaluable info.

Seth

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
All;

My Podcast Interview with Denon is up:

http://www.avrant.com/?p=311#respond

I apologize for the poor audio quality. The recorder program I am using is having some issues with my sound card on my PC. I will be using a different PC for the next poscast. Some great info in here regardless so I hope you all enjoy it!
Great interview Gene.Looking forward to the new upcoming BD player that will be annouced in cedia.Correct if im wrong it's 11:53pm and a bit tired but did I hear correctley there is going to be 5 extra upgrades availble(Which im guessing we have to pay for) which will be introuced at cedia? Crossing my fingers for Vertical strectching.
The audio is very clear.

L

Laurent B.

Audiophyte
Hello Gene,

I'm sorry, my English is very poor and I have not caught all your interview with Jeff (don't worry, it's not an audio quality issue).

Did Jeff give information about the firmwares issues (Net/USB issues, Wifi, ...) AVP/AVC's owners have reported to AVS and Audioholics (please read the message of Seth V. on page 6) ?

Thank you very much.

B

brulaha

Audioholic
Loved the Pod Cast Gene. Very cool to hear about things from the manufacturer side. Very informative. Thank you!

S

shamus

Junior Audioholic
Great interview Gene.Looking forward to the new upcoming BD player that will be annouced in cedia.Correct if im wrong it's 11:53pm and a bit tired but did I hear correctley there is going to be 5 extra upgrades availble(Which im guessing we have to pay for) which will be introuced at cedia? Crossing my fingers for Vertical strectching.
The audio is very clear.
The 5 upgrades are for models below the 5308 for features you have or will have and will cost apprx $100. Yours and the 5308 will get Dynamic Volume and Sirius radio for free.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis